Honored Contributor

Re: The Amazing Race! Spoilers included!

@occasionalrain 

Sadly, still no dancing, but it is better. About the only real problem from a daily use standpoint is steps, and just going down them. I don't feel anything internally in the lower thigh/knee area, so when I try to use the left leg to go down steps it either doesn't move at all, or it buckles. I'm still working on that, but I'm thinking that sensation just may not come back. There's a golf ball sized hole in the middle of the femur where the shattering took place and that's not expected to heal so I'm not doing any digging for a bit, but I'm working around that. It was about the second week in March when I could finally see some improvement. (After fourteen months after the break.) I next see my docs in August, which is coming fast now.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

You may have to live with it. Not so bad as long as you have a care not to fall. As long as it's improving it's good news.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain 

I've lived with bigger problems before. It's not that big of a deal now. It's more of an inconvenience than anything. The stability is back and that's a big plus. It's nice not to feel stuff moving around where there shouldn't be stuff moving around.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

We're off to Croatia this week. Everyone's catching flights this week and buying tickets themselves. Team Fun (who I'm getting very tired of) were waiting behind Nicole and Victor then moved around them when another agent opened up and jumped ahead of them, leading to more whiny Nicole when their agent then went on a break as they waited. It ended up working out well as they got an earlier flight. The teams had to serve six drinks to get the Travelocity gnome. Then they had to deliver a loaf of bread to a priest in a high cave. Teams then to either dive for treasure, or memorize a poem as they were pulled on a float at high speed. Both challenges were tough. Nicole and Victor left this stage in first with Korey and Tyler right behind them. Tyler and Korey got to the next challenge first though. Here they had to keep their eye on five guards with red ribbons among eighteen soldiers. The challenges were all hard this week. Tyler and Nicole worked together on the guard challenge. The teams then had to row to the pit stop in a dinghy. Tyler and Korey came in first, followed closely by Nicole and Victor. They were greeted by Dalmatians. Then Team Fun finished third. Colin and Christie left their gnome behind and had to go back to get it which slowed them down.  Colin and Christie still made it in fourth while Leo and Jamal came in fifth. Brett and Chris got eliminated.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

I'm tired of Team Fun too, have been for the last few episodes.  I'm still impressed they met on the strangers season...but wish they'd be gone.  I was  distracted -- was that another U-turn in the preview for next week?

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@gardenman 

I'm tired of Team Fun too, have been for the last few episodes.  I'm still impressed they met on the strangers season...but wish they'd be gone.  I was  distracted -- was that another U-turn in the preview for next week?

A double U-Turn for next week. That's going to be interesting. It looks a bit late for a gimmick, but what do I know. It might also be a double elimination since we're still at five teams.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

I was thrilled that Victor and Nicole came in 2nd - darn, they just keep missing that 1st place.  

Trusted Contributor

I like Team Fun; I think they have such a positive attitude.  The Swiss and Croatian scenery last week was gorgeous.  Looking forward to the show tonight and next week's show is two hours.

Honored Contributor

@dawg lover wrote:

I like Team Fun; I think they have such a positive attitude.  The Swiss and Croatian scenery last week was gorgeous.  Looking forward to the show tonight and next week's show is two hours.

They do have a positive attitude, but they annoy me. Was it two weeks ago when the girl had to retrieve the clue from the net stretched across the valley? She started jumping up and down on the net celebrating and the poor woman guide/safety officer behind her, also on the net, looked scared to death. You're on a freaking net hundreds of feet in the air, hanging from God only knows what kind of supports, you shouldn't be jumping up and down on it like a five-year-old on a trampoline. I suspect that guide still wakes up screaming nights as she dreams of falling into that chasm below. There are times to be enthusiastic and have fun and there are times to be a bit more restrained. Team Fun kind of forgets to be restrained sometimes. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman    LOL.  I can just imagine her tantrum if one of her climbing students did the tiniest celebration while roped to her.

So from the preview they're not just going back to the Netherlands yet again, they're repeating the pole crossing challenge for the third time?