Honored Contributor

Re: The Amazing Race! Spoilers included!

Another really good episode.  I loved the dancing leg (heehee) best.  

I remember I was maybe the only person here who loved the season where the teams were all strangers who chose each other at the starting point.  

But Team Fun!  Team Fun is too loud and OTT for me --

-- but that they clicked instantly when they met that season (and weren't they the last two left?) and have such camaraderie and positivity and teamwork that makes them great racers  -- it's nice.  It's positive.  Even though the woman gives me a headache sometimes.  

Trusted Contributor

I'm not sure I like that they are returning to the same countries the past Race players already have raced. Considering how many options are out there, it's odd to return to places unless that's the plan? are they going to revisit all the countries where the Race players have lost?

It's interesting the contestants I hated on other seasons...I still don't like them! They have not improved, maybe gotten worse LOL. 

Amazing Race is still one of my favorite shows. I just love seeing all the beautiful scenery of these exotic countries. 

Trusted Contributor

Forgot to ask, isn't this super early for a non-elimination leg of the race??

Trusted Contributor

It was a good show last night.  I was happy for Victor and Nicole but wish they'd come in first.  Team Fun are a great team.  I remember them from their 1st time on the show.  Seems to me that was the season where everyone met their teammates at the beginning of the race and they made a really good team.  The dancing and the fishing would have been fun but no way could I have done the karaoke.  

Honored Contributor

@FindingMyJoy wrote:

Forgot to ask, isn't this super early for a non-elimination leg of the race??

They tend to mix them in early, middle, and late. I always wonder if the comps play any role in what leg becomes a non-elimination leg. Take the fishing comp for example. If there weren't any prawns biting (water too cold, over fed, over fished, etc.) a team could have stayed there for a long, long time. It wasn't a comp where you could plow through it. If the prawns weren't biting, you weren't catching them. Do they give more non-elimination legs when there are comps where luck/chance plays a bigger role? I don't know, but it would make things a bit more fair.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Another Survivor team bit the dust. Rachel and Elissa barely survived, but all three Big Brother teams are still alive. Eliza and Corinne are rather bad sports. The Afghanimals have struggled the last couple of legs. Interesting comps this week. Sledding down an indoors mountain, then learning to ride a moped and pass a test, then either build an irrigation wheel (hard) or paddle a round reed boat (easier) to retrieve a basket of fish. Nicole and Victor seem to always come in second by a hair.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

A Japanese company was in major talks with the city in South Florida where I live now to build an indoor mountain with skiing and snowboarding and sledding.  It would have been huge and the only one in America.

I was so excited .but sigh the talks fell through and they didn't built it.  Sigh.

I have a crush on Japanese culture.

Honored Contributor

I like Eliza so much -- well, at least the way she played Survivor -- but Corinne didn't bring much personality, I don't even remember her and I remember most people who were on Survivor.

So I was sorry to see Eliza go.  I'm sick of looking at Elissa's lip injections.

It's been a lot of fun but I hope they go to another continent next week.

Trusted Contributor

I was happy with last night's results and glad the team that left did.  They were soooo mean.   Did not like them at all.  Didn't they show them being in Dubai next week?

Honored Contributor

@sabra   Yes. which is also in Asia.  But at least it's different.  I've enjoyed when they've gone there before.