Trusted Contributor

Re: The Amazing Race! Spoilers included!

@gardenman Thanks for starting this thread.  As you know I was a big fan of TAR but then stopped watching because it was getting boring.  This was taped apx. 1 1/2 years ago and I was wondering if they'd ever show it.  Since I watch all 3 of these shows I know all these couples.  Of course I am rooting for Victor Heartand Nicole and wish they had won this last race.  I am caught up on both episodes (more on that later).  I thought it was funny when Rupert said that this was way harder than Survivor.  So we are now down 2 Survivor teams.  I don't like the 2 girls from Survivor.

O/T  I haven't been on the computer for a month.  My son and I went the 3rd week of March to Key West for 2 weeks to celebrate our BIG birthdays this year.  We had a really good time until the day before we had to fly home.  I ended up in the ER with pneumonia.  The next day was a very brutal flight home.  We flew from Key West to Atlanta (3 hour layover) and then home.  I had to rent oxygen for the plane and was soooo sick. Also could not walk (too weak) so my son had to arrange for wheelchairs many times.  Got home late on a Saturday night, couldn't sleep, and at 5am Sunday I had to call 911.  Spent 4 days in the hospital.  It's been a rough recovery but today was the first day I felt nearly normal again and actually left the house and ran errands.  Such is life.  

I look forward to the rest of this season and hope the ratings are good enough that they continue TAR.

@gardenman  I hope you have made some progress with your leg!

Honored Contributor

@sabra 

Sorry to hear about your health issues, but happy you're feeling better now. My leg is getting better. It kind of turned the corner in early March. It's not "normal" yet, but it's the best it's been. 

The Big Brother teams are doing well, but the Survivor and TAR teams are struggling a bit. I'm pulling for the Britney/Janelle pair as Britney has always been a favorite of mine.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@sabra 

Sorry to hear about your health issues, but happy you're feeling better now. My leg is getting better. It kind of turned the corner in early March. It's not "normal" yet, but it's the best it's been. 

The Big Brother teams are doing well, but the Survivor and TAR teams are struggling a bit. I'm pulling for the Britney/Janelle pair as Britney has always been a favorite of mine.

I'm glad to hear your leg is finally getting better.  Do you think you will be able to do anything to your garden this year because as I recall you had big plans for it.  On another note, do you think the 2nd Sara X will be available this year?

Honored Contributor

@sabra wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@sabra 

I'm glad to hear your leg is finally getting better.  Do you think you will be able to do anything to your garden this year because as I recall you had big plans for it.  On another note, do you think the 2nd Sara X will be available this year?

I'm not digging with the leg as there's a golfball sized hole above the knee where the shattered bone didn't (probably won't) heal, but I've rebuilt my planter boxes around the porch and have automated much of the watering, including adding two 110 gallon stock tanks that get fed by the gutters (both are full to overflowing now) and a pump along with a cheap drip irrigation system. That gives me 220 gallons of rain water and a nearly fully automated watering system. Last summer I was in the hospital seven days in June, six days in July, and six more days in August and  my normal front planting would have dried up and died if I had them out there. This year they should be okay if there's a repeat.

As to Sara, the second in the series: "Sara X, Book Two, A Broken Trust" just went up for sale last week. Book three of the series should be ready by the Fourth of July. (Give or take a bit.) 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@gardenman Is the second Sara book for sale on the same site as before? I looked and all I see is the first one that I have. I have been waiting for the new one.

Honored Contributor

@CLHS68 wrote:

@gardenman Is the second Sara book for sale on the same site as before? I looked and all I see is the first one that I have. I have been waiting for the new one.

It's up on Amazon. Search for "Sara X A Broken Trust" and it should come up. Oddly enough my first buyer was someone in Germany.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@gardenman   Is it going to be available in paperback because I do not have Kindle?

Honored Contributor

@sabra wrote:

@gardenman   Is it going to be available in paperback because I do not have Kindle?

Yep. It took me a few extra days as the folks at Amazon have gone from using CreateSpace to their own in-house publishing for the paperbacks, and the cover creator wouldn't let me change their default text. I had to end up changing browsers to get that to work. It was annoying the heck out of me, but I got it done and it's available in both the Kindle and paperback versions.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Thanks I found it & ordered the Kindle version.

Honored Contributor

We had our first non-elimination leg last night. The three Big Brother teams did well with Nicole and Victor finishing highest followed by Britney/Janell and Rachel/Elissa. They've formed an alliance to help one another and Britney/Janelle helped guide Rachel/Elissa to the end last night. Team Fun rebounded from last week and won this leg while the Afghanimals really struggled. Teams had to choose between dancing and fishing for prawns, then a karaoke comp. So, no one went home and everyone's still alive, but the last place team will face an extra obstacle next week. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!