Honored Contributor

I'm pretty happy with the winners for once. Not a bad season. I liked them turning the cameras around and showing the crew at the end. Word is they're planning to stick with the chartered jets from here on out. It makes life easier for all involved. It may even cost less than the old way of shuffling cast and crew around.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: The Amazing Race Finale!

I didn't  mind them winning, but I favored a different team.

Esteemed Contributor

I was very happy with the winners.  They were my favorites very early on.  I actually would have been Ok with either of the other two teams winning it too.

I certainly understand the reasons for the travel arrangements TAR now uses but it really loses something doing it this way.  There was a lot of drama and tense moments at the airport with teams trying to find the best flights, etc.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Valued Contributor

I too, enjoyed this season ! They knew how to play the “ game” ...stayed in focus , calm and didn’t argue .

Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I was very happy with the winners.  They were my favorites very early on.  I actually would have been Ok with either of the other two teams winning it too.

I certainly understand the reasons for the travel arrangements TAR now uses but it really loses something doing it this way.  There was a lot of drama and tense moments at the airport with teams trying to find the best flights, etc.

The chartered flights just make more sense. The producers have tweaked the show quite a bit from the early days and were holding everyone at the airport until everyone cleared customs anyway in later seasons. They all took the same commercial flights, and everything was prearranged and staged. It made production easier but lost a bit of the earlier edge as teams competed to find better flights.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

I enjoyed the season too but would've liked to see Ryan win. The challenges were a little harder this season but not as difficult when compared to the older ones they had to add sound effects too. The Race hasn't been renewed yet, it's my favorite show so I hope it's back & the show is given the promotion & time slot it deserves.

Frequent Contributor

I also enjoyed this season. I was happy with who won. I would have been ok with any of the top 4 teams but really enjoyed how the winners worked so well together .

Super Contributor

I thought the finale was great and was so happy for Penn and Kim.  

Trusted Contributor

I love this show and really enjoyed this season.  Now I'm sad that it won't be on again for probably another year!  Near the end, they showed the information for Casting for the next season, so I'm hopeful that it will continue.

Honored Contributor

@dawg lover wrote:

I love this show and really enjoyed this season.  Now I'm sad that it won't be on again for probably another year!  Near the end, they showed the information for Casting for the next season, so I'm hopeful that it will continue.

The ratings were pretty good, so they'll probably renew it for another season or two. It hasn't been canceled and they're doing casting which are both good signs. Casting a show is often the most expensive part of the show. A team of casting producers (often four or more) spend months sorting through prospects to pick the right cast. They'll be flying people all around the country, then testing (psych, medical, physical, etc.) and more interviews.

Unlike Survivor, the Bachelor, Love Island, and Big Brother, the two-person teams on TAR mean they can't share casting lists. CBS prioritizes casting for Survivor with it getting the virtual cream of the crop in terms of a cast. We've seen people who just miss the cut for Survivor end up on the other shows. And we've seen people who auditioned for Love Island miss that cut but end up on Big Brother. Casting producers will often find someone they like but the network vetoes them for the show they're initially casting for, so they'll try to cast them on other shows. With a two-person team being cast, it means that the TAR casting team has to find the right teams on their own. It's more challenging and more expensive.

Starting the casting now implies that they think they'll be coming back. In an interview Phil commented that they'd be using the chartered jet going forward, so he thinks they'll be back. It may be a while, but they could sneak it in for the fall season.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!