Honored Contributor

Re: The Amazing Race......And It's ON!

Justin from the green team has a great future ahead of him as Speaker of the House.

buh-bye, season!  you were the worst -- until next season.  that preview did not inspire confidence.

Esteemed Contributor

The preview worried me too - and I'm an ardent fan usually no matter what, focusing on the travel aspect and challenges rather than the contestant's personalities. I originally thought that the social media people will be with other family members and it might be ok, but the preview really pushed how self-important everyone thinks they are. This may be difficult to watch - my only hope is that some HAVE to be likable or else nobody would follow them.
Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

You know it's not good when instead of having a favorite you want to win you just want one couple to lose and not really care about the one who wins.

This is how I kind of felt all season - there was no one I really wanted to win, but had one that I wanted to lose. At least that couple did lose!

I hope next season has some more interesting couples on it.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Frequent Contributor

Well, I'm happy LOL.  Loved Phil's greeting to the green team on the mat, "I'm pleased to tell you that you are team number TWO!"   Ha.  And the little sound effect of the needle scratching across a record was priceless!  The production team must have disliked that couple as much as the fans did.

Annabelle, the loud annoying third place couple are paparazzi!  Can you imagine them screaming at celebrities all day?  "Hey, BEYONCE!  HEY BEEEYONNNCEEE!!!  OVER HEREEEEE!"

Honored Contributor

@coldlake  Thanks for the info.  I have a terrible memory with names.  I totally missed all of that.  I do remember, now that you mention it, Phil saying that about, "I am happy to tell you..........."

It totally went over my head.  Ha!

Contributor

I enjoyed this year as much as the past season         I wonder if people me include didn't like the show due to the green team ad the 3rd place winners    I even had my 6 year old grandson watching for the first time who was excited to see how they end up winning    I didn't quit understand all that they showed for the next show.    Does anyone have a link so I can watch    I didn't even get who is coming on etc    My grandson became very talkative at the end

Regular Contributor

how incredible that after all of his knowledge of the game and staying focused Justin totally blew it by sending his cab away. He had to know that was not a smart move but maybe his volatile personality was his downfall in the end?? The cab driver wanted more money so to save $100 he lost $1 million. Yikes. I too hoped the one couple with positive energy would win so kudos to them. I wonder how the cheerleaders would have been able to do that very physical challenge with the lobster cages. I did find myself cheering for Diana to catch up in the pool but would have been happy if their penalty had cost them. At least it wouldn't have been her fault. I didn't catch why they took the wrong ferry but probably Justin's mistake since he had to always get his way?? I always enjoy this show and the destinations this year were great so I'm happy with the season especially the outcome.

Honored Contributor

So, let me tell you something funny that happened last night.

Yesterday my daughter and her family took me to dinner for my birthday.  She has 4 children (ages 3, 9, 12 and 13).  Their Dad owns a security computer business.  He's super smart and so are his children.  Most kids these days are computer savy but these kids are really savy (the 9 year old taught himself to write code).  My late husband owned a successful computer business and maybe between those two he gets his smarts.

Anyway, as an afterthought I said to them about the You Tube people being on The Amazing Race next time.

My granddaughter looked it up on her cell phone right there at the table.  She showed it to her sister (12) and her brother (9).  They were beyond excited!  

They knew who some of these people were!  They showed my daughter.  She's busy running a family and was like, "OK, so what!"  Now they want to tape this show when it comes on.  They don't watch much TV, extra things keep them busy.

I tell you all of this (sorry about it being boring) just to give you background on how this show is probably going to draw in younger people and people who don't watch much TV.

I haven't even looked up these people but it doesn't matter because I wouldn't know them anyway.

So, there you have it.  I guess they will draw in people who have pretty much left TV for the internet.

I can tell you, if I watch it, it won't be because I am familiar with any of them (but then I didn't know anyone else).

Honored Contributor

The winning couple was the only couple I (kind of) liked.