Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@LogoFan wrote:

Actually, both affair partners are on PBS.  Cannot think of the star's name, but she is playing Mrs. Wilson premiering 3/31.  Dominic is starring in Les Miserables on PBS beginning 4/14.

Perhaps both of those are short term miniseries which have already ben filmed.  Not sure.

@LogoFan   Do you mean Ruth Wilson?

Yes.  Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

I have seen lots of spoilers and my favorite characters are out for the final season Allison and Cole.  I also saw they are doing a fast forward,  I have a feeling I will watch and regret later.

Honored Contributor

Cliff notes for the finale season can be found here--->(copy paste link) deadline.com/2018/11/anna-paquin-cast-the-affair-major-time-jump-final-season-5-flash-forward-joanie-lockhart-showtime-1202498821/

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

I recently saw an article that stated the 5th and final season will likely come anytime from June to October of this year.

Both Jennifer Jason Leigh and Anna Paquin will be joining the show.  Anna Paquin will play the role of Cole and Allison's grown daughter who will return to the island to determine what happened to her mother.

Cannot wait to see this final season.

Respected Contributor

No Cole?  I like Joshua.  I'll watch, since it is the final season.  I'd like to see Ben arrested and prosecuted for his crime. He seemed so nice at first - Has quite a dark side.

Honored Contributor

According to Page Six of the NY Post today:  (spoiler-ish - but not too bad - sentence is include in the below) - it's about the last episode having been filmed now:

"Showtime hit series “The Affair” was spotted filming its final episode at the Memory Motel in Montauk last week.

An East End spy told us actors Dominic West and Maura Tierney filmed a night scene into the early hours in which their characters checked into the hotel."

Respected Contributor

Saw Dominic on a talk show a few months ago.  He has a thick British accent.  He and his wife live in a castle.  Hoping he would dish about "The Affair," but nope.

Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

Saw Dominic on a talk show a few months ago.  He has a thick British accent.  He and his wife live in a castle.  Hoping he would dish about "The Affair," but nope.

@LyndaGee  So does Ruth Wilson (Alison).  

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@LyndaGee wrote:

True.  Shows what great actors they are - They have sure perfected their American accents.

Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@LyndaGee wrote:

True.  Shows what great actors they are - They have sure perfected their American accents.

@LyndaGee   Definitely!   In fact, Dominic looks and sounds just like my Uncle Jack did when I was growing up (he's now deceased) and my Uncle Jack sure didn't have a thick English accent!