Trusted Contributor

I read that Joshu Jackson will only be coming back for the last season as a guest star, maybe one or two episodes.  The Showrunner said that the show will not let the other characters know that Allison did not commit suicide and that it was murder.  I am defnintely out for the last season.  I do not want to see the "Noah" show.   They really should have just ended it this season.  Allison could have moved on with her life with or without Cole.  I just don't get why a show runner or writer would want to end the show without half the characters.

Esteemed Contributor

Helen, her children and parents and Noah are my least favorite characters. Cole, Vic and Cole's wife are my favorite. Hmmmm on the last season. Hope they have a good script. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@TurnerGal wrote:

I read that Joshu Jackson will only be coming back for the last season as a guest star, maybe one or two episodes.  The Showrunner said that the show will not let the other characters know that Allison did not commit suicide and that it was murder.  I am defnintely out for the last season.  I do not want to see the "Noah" show.   They really should have just ended it this season.  Allison could have moved on with her life with or without Cole.  I just don't get why a show runner or writer would want to end the show without half the characters.

@TurnerGal

I really enjoyed the Joshua's character -- very complex!!!  And Allison WAS the show, I think!!!  I cannot stand Helen --- yuck.  I just am not interested in her and her children and all of her spoiled, pretentious antics.  As for Noah, they make him out like he is all that and as if he is God's gift to women and the world!  I hope perhaps they will bring in some new and more interesting characters if they are doing away with the best ones they had!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

Re: The Affair update-- spoilers

I read another interesting piece about Season 5 Affair,  they have hired Anna Paquin to play Allison's daughter and they will fast forward several years and she will return to Long Island to try and find out the truth about her mother's death.  I guess they must have had lots of fans complaining about letting everyone know how Allison really died.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@TurnerGal wrote:

I read another interesting piece about Season 5 Affair,  they have hired Anna Paquin to play Allison's daughter and they will fast forward several years and she will return to Long Island to try and find out the truth about her mother's death.  I guess they must have had lots of fans complaining about letting everyone know how Allison really died.

@TurnerGal  Thanks for the update.  "Fast forward several years"?  Sheesh, Paquin is an adult now.  I think it's more than several years!  She isn't the age she was in The Piano any more!  Boy, that's quite a leap forward in time for the show.

Honored Contributor

Anna Paquin is in her mid 30's in real life.  So the Affair will be fast forwarding decades!!!! Smiley Surprised

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

Yes it does sound crazy,  they should have just wrapped up the show last year. I think they are grasping for straws now and with no Joshu Jackson and Ruth they maybe realize there is no show.  The show should have ended with the four, no crazy murder, and maybe a brief two minute flash forward of where everyone was in twenty years.