Honored Contributor

Re: The Affair Season 4 on Showtime

I told DH a couple weeks ago that I felt that Ben did something to Allison.  I didn't trust him at all.  I said -- I don't believe she killed herself -- they want you to believe she did.  However, she may not even be dead?  Who knows with this show?  It goes all over and back and forth.  His version, her version.

Plus, I think also that the neighbor will end up being pregnant with Vic's child and his parents will be ecstatic.  Not so much Helen?  

One thing for sure with this show --- you never know for sure!

I like the theme song!  Very dark and quirky and goes perfectly with the show! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

Interesting episode, hated it at first, because it didn't resolve the murder, but there were a lot of good parts, will need to go back and watch again.  I feel like they filmed this as a series finale when they didn't know if they had another season.  I am guessing maybe it was the plan to have Alison commit suicide and tonights would have been the final.  Maybe when they found out there was another season, they had to through the murder mystery into it so there would be a reason to watch next season.  I am not sure I will watch next season.  Alison is gone,  Cole has his grief and Noah and Helen have made peace with their relationship, so I don't know there is anymore to see, other than having Ben get caught for the murder.  That will be hard without a body.

Honored Contributor

Another enjoyable episode for me. I LOVE Anton and if we have to get the principal and Noah to keep Anton, I'm fine with that. For me it would be better than to have to watch Luisa and Cole. Really Cole, because you finally made up your mind you assume that Alison would have come back to you. I don't.

So as suspected the neighbor is pregnant. Can't wait to see how that first discussion between Vic and Helen goes.

I'm always pleasantly surprised at how good Noah can be to Helen and she still treats him like trash most of the time. I think time served should count for something. For a lot.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

I like Anton, too!  His parents would be proud of the way he remained cool during all the drama.

Trusted Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

From the previews, it looks as if things do not go well between Cole & wify. Smiley Wink

Spoiler
Helens hubby appears to be on his death bed.

Based on the above, for the life of me, I can't fathom what season 5 is going to be about.  Unless Helen turns up w/a bun in the oven after all, & Noah ends up marrying the school principle.

I have a feeling that the girl that lives next door.  Can't remember her name,  will be pregnant from that little romp they had,  but Helen won't be.  She'll find out after he dies.

MziMac, you really hit the nail on the head.  Will be interesting to see the outcome of neighbor girl being pregnant.  I think the final season will still be interesting.  We shall see.  Always a long wait in between seasons.  I am keeping the entire Season 4 in my DVR's to study when new season approaches.

Respected Contributor

I only recently got showtime with comcast and decided to watch the show from beginning on demand.   It was okay but constant sex scenes was actually getting boring to me so I fast forward through them.  I might continue to watch because it to me has been a boring summer for TV.   The show seems dreary.  I have only watched the first season but I find it hard to believe the wife could accept him having an affair for the entire summer they were at her parents.  I don't feel sorry for the way the husband is treated by inlaws as he accepts their money. When you let someone else fund your life they are going to have a say.  

Honored Contributor

I was two episodes behind and last night I watched the previous week (Alison's view vs Alison's view).

I thought that episode was pretty amazing!   

I was going to watch both episodes but I waited too late to start and kept falling asleep so it took me two hours to get through one.  I actually brought that one back up this morning and re-watched some of the main parts that I didn't remember.

This was brilliant.  Looking forward to seeing the recent episode, hopefully, today.  Hoping for Victor Williams to return and there be an investigation.  If the second part of that episode was the real one, there is blood in Alison's house, unless he came back and did a big clean up.   Either way, there will be evidence of some sort in her house, since he spent time there that night.

Trusted Contributor

There is an interview with the show writer and she says that Ben definitely killed Allison and only the audience will know that.  So that makes it sound that it will never be discovered that Ben killed her and she didn't commit suicide. I am definitely out for season 5.  I think that is really a let down to the character and the audience. I am not sure why they had to end her story that way.  I am not sure if there were personal feelings about the salary dispute and Ruth Wilson wanting out, but it seems like the writer took it out on the character.  Maybe someday the truth will come out about Ruth's departure.

Honored Contributor

@TurnerGal  Good info about Ben!  Thanks.