Trusted Contributor

Re: The Affair - Fifth and Final Season (Spoilers Possible)

@Estates
@mom2four0418
@TurnerGal

Thank you! I couldn't figure out who the "new" older Ben was!
I guess Noah is going to get caught up in me-too allegations now, while the Whitney storyline looks like she's going to be a runaway bride.
Everytime I see Helen's mother on screen, it makes it more clear why Helen is so horribly self-absorbed and lacks empathy for anyone else going through a hard time. Her mother really is a piece of work.
Typical of television, everybody says they're broke, but they live in mansions!
Respected Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@Estates
@mom2four0418
@TurnerGal

Thank you! I couldn't figure out who the "new" older Ben was!
I guess Noah is going to get caught up in me-too allegations now, while the Whitney storyline looks like she's going to be a runaway bride.
Everytime I see Helen's mother on screen, it makes it more clear why Helen is so horribly self-absorbed and lacks empathy for anyone else going through a hard time. Her mother really is a piece of work.
Typical of television, everybody says they're broke, but they live in mansions!

I agree about Margaret and Helen. The actor (Kathleen Chalfant) who plays her is fabulous in every role that I have seen her in. She says that Bruce gave away/made bad investments. I'm not buying that they are "poor" either.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

@Tique wrote:

I agree last night's epi was the best although that's not saying a whole lot when you consider what we've seen so far.

Noah may be pathetic but at least he was there. What is Helen doing that's so important she couldn't be there to help her daughter plan her wedding? Whitney needs a reality check. Why are they spending thousands of dollars on a wedding that shouldn't even be taking place? They're expecting the grandparents to pay for a $20,000 tent yet the groom doesn't even have a job. Talk about screwed up priorities. 

As far as Joanie, I knew something about that wasn't going to go as easily as it seemed. I have a question. When she signed that NDA, wasn't she still pretending to be someone else? I think she gave the name of Gabriella or something like that so isn't that the name she would have signed unless she subconsciously signed her real name.

Helen was working and it gave Margaret an opportunity to slam her as a mother yet again. Yes, Joanie used the name Gabrielle.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@Estates

Was that the actor who played the original Ben aged to look old...or was that a different actor altogether? I honestly couldn't tell from the show...or the credits.

My hope is Joanie plunges a letter opener into this miserable man. Ben killed her mother, then he set her up to completely look like a deranged person. It seems he's been planning to meet Joanie for years...he must have known she would investigate how her mom died.

This was the best episode of this terrible season so far...because...HELEN WASN'T IN IT! 😄

@MarnieRez3   I was pretty sure it was Ben made to look old. I didn't know the actor's name though so I didn't even bother checking the credits.

Trusted Contributor

No,  it was a different actor playing older Ben.  I have heard others speculating that the young guy helping Joanie may be the son of Helen's husband.  The baby we saw the last few weeks all grown up?  I am still watching,  the writer's should be banned from writting any other shows,

Honored Contributor

@Tique  "Whitney needs a reality check. Why are they spending thousands of dollars on a wedding that shouldn't even be taking place? They're expecting the grandparents to pay for a $20,000 tent yet the groom doesn't even have a job. Talk about screwed up priorities."

When the grandparents were wealthy & grandpop had all his marbles, they expected their grandkids to hold wedding & reception at their house.  Whitney did not know they had no $$$$$.  Not sure if Noah knows.  He does now!

@TurnerGal"I have heard others speculating that the young guy helping Joanie may be the son of Helen's husband."

Noah?  He's the ONLY husband Helen's ever had since she has not remarried.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Tique  "Whitney needs a reality check. Why are they spending thousands of dollars on a wedding that shouldn't even be taking place? They're expecting the grandparents to pay for a $20,000 tent yet the groom doesn't even have a job. Talk about screwed up priorities."

When the grandparents were wealthy & grandpop had all his marbles, they expected their grandkids to hold wedding & reception at their house.  Whitney did not know they had no $$$$$.  Not sure if Noah knows.  He does now!

@TurnerGal"I have heard others speculating that the young guy helping Joanie may be the son of Helen's husband."

I read that, too!  Eddie would be around 30 - I thought the guy looked older than that, but who knows ??!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

At the end of the show it said three episodes are left.  I can't understand why the writers introduced this new storyline about Me Too and Noah with so little time left for the show and with things to wrap up, like Allison's loved ones discovering she was murdered, what happens to Vic's baby, etc.  Ridiculous!   And Noah is certainly in denial that he did bed Eden, and Eden is also very much distorting the story.   Who needs yet another storyline at this late date?

Is Helen's new love interest soon going off with Sierra's mom do you think?

As we have said many times, IMO this show should have been two seasons long, if that.  

Trusted Contributor

I agree about the "Me Too" at this point.  I am guessing Shasa set all this up and Helen will break it off with him.  My other guess is that Whitney will back out of the wedding and Helen and Noah will marry and somewhere in there Joanie will prove her mother wasn't murdered and all this in three episodes,

Honored Contributor

@TurnerGal wrote:

I agree about the "Me Too" at this point.  I am guessing Shasa set all this up and Helen will break it off with him.  My other guess is that Whitney will back out of the wedding and Helen and Noah will marry and somewhere in there Joanie will prove her mother wasn't murdered and all this in three episodes,

I think you mean Joanie will prove her mother was murdered.

@TurnerGal  I like your wrap up. I like even more this ends in three episodes.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~