Honored Contributor

Re: The Affair - Fifth and Final Season (Spoilers Possible)

@mom2four0418 wrote:
The segments on each show are told from the perspective of the character named on the screen. It is possible that Joanie's perceptions are not always based in reality. That makes the most sense for me.

@mom2four0418   Having watched this show from its beginning, I realized that four seasons ago; however, it's a good reminder for those who were late to the party or who may have forgotten. I was going to include some who may have just started watching this season but I can't imagine anyone would subject themselves to this unless they had already made an investment in this series.

Something else I know from personal experience/many psychology courses:  When most people tell a story it is told with a favorable slant toward them. I'm thinking since what we saw was from Joanie's vantage point, the actual event must have been horrific for her daughters.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Respected Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:
The segments on each show are told from the perspective of the character named on the screen. It is possible that Joanie's perceptions are not always based in reality. That makes the most sense for me.

@mom2four0418   Having watched this show from its beginning, I realized that four seasons ago; however, it's a good reminder for those who were late to the party or who may have forgotten. I was going to include some who may have just started watching this season but I can't imagine anyone would subject themselves to this unless they had already made an investment in this series.

Something else I know from personal experience/many psychology courses:  When most people tell a story it is told with a favorable slant toward them. I'm thinking since what we saw was from Joanie's vantage point, the actual event must have been horrific for her daughters.

Or, Joanie hates herself so much that her perception is overblown. So much to wonder about!

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Valued Contributor

Spoiler
Whitney and Noah...ugh! Joanie got punked!
Trusted Contributor

@Estates

Was that the actor who played the original Ben aged to look old...or was that a different actor altogether? I honestly couldn't tell from the show...or the credits.

My hope is Joanie plunges a letter opener into this miserable man. Ben killed her mother, then he set her up to completely look like a deranged person. It seems he's been planning to meet Joanie for years...he must have known she would investigate how her mom died.

This was the best episode of this terrible season so far...because...HELEN WASN'T IN IT! 😄
Respected Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@Estates

Was that the actor who played the original Ben aged to look old...or was that a different actor altogether? I honestly couldn't tell from the show...or the credits.

My hope is Joanie plunges a letter opener into this miserable man. Ben killed her mother, then he set her up to completely look like a deranged person. It seems he's been planning to meet Joanie for years...he must have known she would investigate how her mom died.

This was the best episode of this terrible season so far...because...HELEN WASN'T IN IT! 😄

No, it is not the original actor who played Ben.

— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

I agree,  this was the best one so far.  I just wish Noah went to see Joanie and Cole.  I don't think we are going to get any of Cole this season.  It was strange that Helen wouldn't attend her own daughter's wedding.  Did I miss something in a prior episode that said she wasn't going to the wedding.  Obviously Whitney is a poor planner as far as the wedding thing,

Respected Contributor

@TurnerGal wrote:

I agree,  this was the best one so far.  I just wish Noah went to see Joanie and Cole.  I don't think we are going to get any of Cole this season.  It was strange that Helen wouldn't attend her own daughter's wedding.  Did I miss something in a prior episode that said she wasn't going to the wedding.  Obviously Whitney is a poor planner as far as the wedding thing,

No one said that Helen wasn't attending the wedding. Margaret made a big deal out of her not being there to help plan it. 

— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@MarnieRez3  Hey Cali girl,Nope,as answered,that was a different guy.He has been in a million things.I'm not sure of his name. 

Yes,it seemed like he knew she was coming.He sure figured it out quickly. A better  sleuth than I LOL

We did get to hear Helen's voice a bit. But Noah sure was pathetic.Karma is a  b***h as they say. Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@Estates wrote:

@MarnieRez3  Hey Cali girl,Nope,as answered,that was a different guy.He has been in a million things.I'm not sure of his name. 

Yes,it seemed like he knew she was coming.He sure figured it out quickly. A better  sleuth than I LOL

We did get to hear Helen's voice a bit. But Noah sure was pathetic.Karma is a  b***h as they say. Woman LOL

Ben Cruz is now played by Tony Plana.

— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

I agree last night's epi was the best although that's not saying a whole lot when you consider what we've seen so far.

Noah may be pathetic but at least he was there. What is Helen doing that's so important she couldn't be there to help her daughter plan her wedding? Whitney needs a reality check. Why are they spending thousands of dollars on a wedding that shouldn't even be taking place? They're expecting the grandparents to pay for a $20,000 tent yet the groom doesn't even have a job. Talk about screwed up priorities. 

As far as Joanie, I knew something about that wasn't going to go as easily as it seemed. I have a question. When she signed that NDA, wasn't she still pretending to be someone else? I think she gave the name of Gabriella or something like that so isn't that the name she would have signed unless she subconsciously signed her real name.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~