Honored Contributor

Re: The 95th Academy Awards - In Memoriam

@newjersey wrote:

I noticed Anne Heche and Cindy Williams were not mentioned either.

@newjersey yes, they were both omitted as well as Charlbi Dean (Triangle of Sadness), Paul Sorvino, and Melinda Dillon. How does the Academy determine who makes the cut or not? This makes for hard feelings for the families of the deceased loved one like their contributions to the movies didn't matter. I understand including those behind the scenes of getting a motion picture made, but you can't omit the actors and actresses who make the movies come alive. 

Respected Contributor

Stella Stevens also was not included.

Honored Contributor

This was the only part of the long drawn out show I saw... I thought it was hard to see the faces or the names... they went too fast!  Less with the jokes and such and let this part of the awards show be longer. It is touching to see all those we lost in just one year.. they deserve more time.

Honored Contributor

Mira Sorvino made a comment about her dad being left out of the segment, she was not pleased. 

Honored Contributor

I@Jordan2 wrote:

Mira Sorvino made a comment about her dad being left out of the segment, she was not pleased. 

I can just imagine how hurtful that must have been. That is really inexcusable to leave out some. If they are going to do that they should make sure all are included.

Paul Sorvino was a very well known actor.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@beach-mom I thought it was in very bad taste when Jimmy Kimmel asked folks to go on their phone and vote if Robert Blake should be included. The man died sick, broken and practically homeless living on SS. He did appear on TV and in movies. Why not be included?

You're right @Shanus. I posted my thought on another forum.

I hadn't watched the Oscars in years. I just wasn't that interested. But this year I had seen three of the movies nominated, and I felt strongly about about some of them.

I was nervous when I heard Kimmel was hosting - of course, he's on ABC. But I was OK with it UNTIL he said that!

I would think the same if anyone else had said it. It was not a "joke; " It was unkind, hurtful to some, and just mean.

Esteemed Contributor

The Oscars left out many people.  TCM did a much job.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@beach-mom I thought it was in very bad taste when Jimmy Kimmel asked folks to go on their phone and vote if Robert Blake should be included. The man died sick, broken and practically homeless living on SS. He did appear on TV and in movies. Why not be included?

You're right @Shanus. I posted my thought on another forum.

I hadn't watched the Oscars in years. I just wasn't that interested. But this year I had seen three of the movies nominated, and I felt strongly about about some of them.

I was nervous when I heard Kimmel was hosting - of course, he's on ABC. But I was OK with it UNTIL he said that!

I would think the same if anyone else had said it. It was not a "joke; " It was unkind, hurtful to some, and just mean.

@beach-mom @Shanus  I still believe Robert Blake killed his wife just like I believe OJ did. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus I didn't like the comments either, the man just died, have some grace, it is never a good look to speak ill of the dead. 

Honored Contributor

There are always people left out and it always causes personal pain for their loved ones and offense to others in the general public. Doesn't excuse it, but that's what happens.

As for Robert Blake I believe he was guilty, hardly the first time a joke was made at the expense of a deceased alleged murderer. I don't think it was necessary nor the worst thing in the world.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"