Honored Contributor

Re: The 2019 Hallmark Christmas Movies

Last night, SNL did a pretty good parody of Hallmark's Christmas programming.  It's called the Hallmark Dating Show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNoZHUDB3GU 

Honored Contributor

I enjoy them, but I have a 30 minute rule. If, after watching for 30 minutes, I don't really care about the characters... off it goes.

I guess they've recognized their popularity and want to produce as many as possible.  I've enjoyed a few of them this year, including the one I watched last night with Candace Cameron Bure. The foster care theme was a nice departure from the usual.  As much as I love the magical settings they create, I would welcome more diverse actors, settings and situations. 

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

I enjoy them, but I have a 30 minute rule. If, after watching for 30 minutes, I don't really care about the characters... off it goes.

I guess they've recognized their popularity and want to produce as many as possible.  I've enjoyed a few of them this year, including the one I watched last night with Candace Cameron Bure. The foster care theme was a nice departure from the usual.  As much as I love the magical settings they create, I would welcome more diverse actors, settings and situations. 

@house_cat   Not just they have recognized it.  Lifetime has them now and OWN network did a few Xmas movies too.

Honored Contributor

30 minutes?

I have a 5 minute rule.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee : DH called her and the actor- both monotone, no emotion or expressions and can't believe HMM put both of them in a movie. He is suprised that she is featured in movies and various series. I tell him that apparently some people like her. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35. With your 5 minute rule you won't be watching any of them. 😄

@SouthernBee. Well, I don't think Colin F. Is quite as bad as Kellie. However he is not male romantic lead material, that's for sure! I've been thinking about all the comments here about Kellie and her monotone which all boil down to she can't act / emote.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee : DH just said that Kellie Martin must have paid some money to someone in the Hallmark movie industry to be her influencers. I said ok- like Lorie in the college scandle and DH said possible.😁🤷‍♀️Southern Bee

Valued Contributor

I just saw a posting that Hallmark is getting criticism for pulling a commercial that featured two brides kissing at their wedding. I can't say I'm surprised, because they are a Christian based company, but I also think it's a little silly in this day and age and also makes the company look homophobic. Just because someone or some company is Christian doesn't mean they're homophobic. Apparently they didn't get that memo.

Esteemed Contributor

There was one male lead who kinda creeped me out because of his looks -- a blonde-haired guy. Can't remember the name of the Xmas movie, but it's one of the new ones. Imo, he'd be a good choice to play the creepy, bad guy in a tv show.

Valued Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

There was one male lead who kinda creeped me out because of his looks -- a blonde-haired guy. Can't remember the name of the Xmas movie, but it's one of the new ones. Imo, he'd be a good choice to play the creepy, bad guy in a tv show.

@Daisy Sunflower  Do you mean this creepy creeper? 

F6153C03-2427-4A9D-B3AC-3198FF2E461C.jpeg