Respected Contributor

Re: The 2019 Hallmark Christmas Movies

I love Christmas, and I love the Hallmark movies from years past.

This years crop of movies has been terrible. I haven't been able to watch any of them all the way through. I really tried to watch Christmas at The Plaza, but the actress, Elizabeth Henstridge, was just cringe worthy.

The stilted acting, the lack of chemistry between the leads and the same recycled stories all adds up to me appreciating the older movies.

I'll stick to my favorites from years ago:

The Christmas Card

A Veteran's Christmas

The Christmas Secret

Dashing Through the Snow

Snow Bride

The Nine Lives of Christmas

Christmas with Holly

One Starry Christmas

Christmas Getaway

A Very Merry Mix Up

Christmas Under Wraps

A Bride for Christmas

I also love The Christmas Kiss. It's not a Hallmark movie, it's shown on both ION and Lifetime.

Related image

Honored Contributor

I'm watching Let It Snow for the 1000th time because it's on.  I was working but stopped for a cup of tea to watch it again.  Even though I have it on DVD, saved on my TiVo and the Xfinity Cloud.

I love this movie!

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I'll be interested to hear the ratings.  They post them on Twitter when they're good.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I watched one on Lifetime several weeks ago and noticed that it was so similar to one I'd watched on Hallmark about two years ago.   The same formula of situation, girl meets boy, problem solved, happily everafter.   Those are the only two Christmas movies on those channels that I've ever seen and will be my last.

Valued Contributor

Most movies have the same theme. Guy or girl work in large city. For some reason, they return to the small town where they grew up They accidentally run into their high school sweetheart. Lo and behold, they find out they still have feelings for one another. After many scenes, they end up together and live happily ever after. Okay, now you have seen the majority of Hallmark Christmas movies.Like others have said, I love the decorations, the snowy destinations, and delicious gingerbread cookies. I do like most movies but will be glad to return to Murder She Wrote!
Honored Contributor

The formula and the stories don't bother me. I don't even care if they can't act that well.  I am all about the pairings.

If the pairings don't work for me, I can't get into the movie.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Sometimes I'll watch just because I like the actors. The one that premiered on the mystery channel last night had Sami from Days Of Our Lives playing the widowed mom, so I enjoyed it. The biggest error I saw was she and her son traveled by train with one suitcase. They even showed her unpacking at her parent's house. Yet, the had multiple outfits and coats. 

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed a cute one on Lifetime called Mistletoe and Menorah, a combo Xmas and Chanukah story, very cute. 

Super Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Sometimes I'll watch just because I like the actors. The one that premiered on the mystery channel last night had Sami from Days Of Our Lives playing the widowed mom, so I enjoyed it. The biggest error I saw was she and her son traveled by train with one suitcase. They even showed her unpacking at her parent's house. Yet, the had multiple outfits and coats. 

HA! Yes they always seem to have a coat to go with every outfit if they packed all the coats they would need more cases, there would  be no space for clothes.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes I liked Mistletoe and Minorah as well. I also enjoed the Hallmark Gold movie this year A Christmas Love Story to name a few, but there's really only like 5 that have been half way decent this year.