Esteemed Contributor

Re: The 2019 Hallmark Christmas Movies

Agree with all.  Even if I make it through them they are being deleted.  A few good ones and that is it.  Also enjoying other channels more.  Did anybody catch the "Same Time Next Christmas" or whatever it was on ABC I think?  Obviously trying to cash in on the Christmas romance movies.  Awful. 

Honored Contributor

I saw in one of this year's movies the actor who played Lori Loughlin's husband in the Garage Sale Mysteries. He had long hair and a beard and was scruffy looking but I still recognized him.

One of the stars of Cedar Cove owned the inn in A Bramblehouse Christmas. She had played Andie MaDowell's friend.
Honored Contributor

I'm about to watch Mistletoe and Menorahs on Lifetime.
It has been on already, anybody see it?
Honored Contributor

so far, of the new ones i have seen, i have really enjoyed...... a few of these i have even watched a few times along with the older ones i enjoy.

HOLIDAY FOR HEROES

A GODWINK CHRISTMAS: MEANT FOR LOVE

CHRISTMAS WISHES AND MISTLETOE KISSES

CHRISTMAS AT THE PLAZA

A CHRISTMAS LOVE STORY

CHRISTMAS TOWN

A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE

still waiting to watch some.....

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

Agree with all.  Even if I make it through them they are being deleted.  A few good ones and that is it.  Also enjoying other channels more.  Did anybody catch the "Same Time Next Christmas" or whatever it was on ABC I think?  Obviously trying to cash in on the Christmas romance movies.  Awful. 

@Wsmom 

i mentioned that in my holiday movies and shows thread. i actually liked that story and i LOVED the hawaii scenes. it was a nice escape.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Are they sappy and predictable? well, yes.......Is the acting less than stellar? well, yes.........Are the plot lines nearly interchangeable?  well, yess.

But I still watch them..Got to admit, they have INCREDIBLE Christmas decorations!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The lack of chemistry is a problem that's escalated when they use the same familiar actors over and over, paired with different supposed love interests, so it becomes an matter of believability, chemistry and whether or not the 'stars' have any presence. So many of the leading actors just don't seem to have it... When you rely on the same over-wrought plots and plot devices, the actors have to sell the movie and given most of them are not stellar actors, seeing some connection between the leading couple is a must... Most of the movies focus on the leading lady, some focus on the leading man, but not many. Either way, they need to find some guys with a bit more appeal. Even if they're not drop dead gorgeous they need to be likable and offer some level of attraction. So many of them are just so bland and painfully average, at best... There's nothing wrong with average, but who wants to watch a steady diet of it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

The pairings the last 2 years have been pretty bad.

I have them all recorded but have only watched 2 all the way through:   Christmas Scavenger Hunt and Picture Perfect Christmas.  

I could not finish the Candace Cameron Bure one.  But it took me 3 tries to like Journey Back to Christmas, so I think this is a good one, I just have to get past her misery and the cagey/creepy secretive way everyone in town is.  LOL

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

The sequel to A Christmas to Remember I didn't try because I could never get into the first one no matter how many times I tried.

It's funny, but every single movie where they have made a sequel, I haven't liked the original.

I can't believe we have 5 Wedding March movies.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Contributor

I enjoyed The Christmas Note.  It wasn't the average boy meets girl, girl hates boy, boy loves girl, girl loves boy.  The story was touching and made me cry.