Honored Contributor

Re: The 2019 Hallmark Christmas Movies

It's not going anywhere....

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/hallmark-channel-closes-out-2019-1-cable-network-among-vicary 

10TH ANNIVERSARY OF “COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS” RANKED AS MOST-WATCHED HOLIDAY PROGRAMMING EVENT ON CABLE, OUTPERFORMING NEAREST COMPETITOR BY 51%

New York, NY, January 13, 2020 – Elevated by the popularity of “Countdown to Christmas”, Hallmark Channel clocked in as the highest-rated and most-watched cable network among Women 25-54 in Fourth Quarter for the fourth consecutive year. In addition, for the sixth year in a row, the network ranked as the #1 entertainment network in Q4 among Women 18+. Despite significantly increased competition in 2019, “Countdown to Christmas” was the year’s most-watched holiday programming event on cable, surpassing audience levels of the nearest competitor by 51%.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Too bad. They'll take that as their incentive to keep putting this same drivel out there. And really, when it gets right down to it, how much other 'holiday' programming is there, either cable or network? Not that much.  UP, Lifetime and Ion offered a number of repeat movies, mostly on weekends, but otherwise, it was pretty much business as usual. As for the networks, a few decades old animated specials and the extremely occasional 'variety' special is about all they can come up with.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

The Oprah network had some I read (I didnt see them,).
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

not sure if this is lasting all year long, but a christmas movie on wednesday nights on hallmark drama, thursday nights on hallmark movies and mysteries, and friday nights on the regular hallmark channel.

@sunshine45, I could swear that Hallmark will be showing Christmas movies on Thursday nights the entire year.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

not sure if this is lasting all year long, but a christmas movie on wednesday nights on hallmark drama, thursday nights on hallmark movies and mysteries, and friday nights on the regular hallmark channel.

@sunshine45, I could swear that Hallmark will be showing Christmas movies on Thursday nights the entire year.  

yes, they will showing christmas movies, one a week, all year long on all three channels.....one on each channel. @Lipstickdiva 

i have been watching some of the ones i have not seen. a good way to "catch up."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein