Trusted Contributor

Re: The 2019 Hallmark Christmas Movies

I cannot stand Hallmark Christmas movies. They are all so cheesy --- if you have seen one, you've pretty much seen them all! 

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Trusted Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

I cannot stand Hallmark Christmas movies. They are all so cheesy --- if you have seen one, you've pretty much seen them all! 

----------

I tend to agree with you. They're just so sickly sweet, and poorly written and acted. 

How about a surprise twist, where the lovely leading lady, turns out to be wildly promiscuous. 😁She's slept with every man  between 16-106, in Candyville, Ohio😉

Come on, now, you know it would wake you up and get you paying attention! 

To sweeten the pot, she could be sweet smelling courtesy of Josie, and wearing some Cuddle Duds, while, complaining about how long it took for them to arrive😈

I think I may have a winner here😈

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@J Town Girl wrote:

@pigletsmom wrote:

I just finally fell onto the Hallmark channel recently so all of these movies are new to me. With 10 years of Christmas I can't figure out why I see the same stuff a lot. I don't expect much from them so they're good background when I'm doing other stuff.

I am shocked to find that I really like Candace Cameron Bure. I liked the one I saw with Jen Lilly about the dating app. I knew she was a good actress from Days of Our Lives and she has good comedy in her. I also liked the girl in the one about the fireman and his cat. Of course that had Gregory Harrison in it so I was all in.

That one was called "The Nine Lives Of Christmas" and it is one of my favorites.   I bought the DVD and sometimes I just watch it even when it isn't Christmas.   I think it was one of Hallmark's best movies.

@J Town Girl  The Nine Lives of Christmas is one of my favorite movies. I also own it on DVD.

Kimberley Sustad is one of the better actresses on Hallmark and I'll watch anything she's in. She and Brandon Routh had such good chemistry in this movie. Plus he's easy on the eyes, LOL!

Image result for the nine lives of christmas

Related image

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

@pigletsmom wrote:

I just finally fell onto the Hallmark channel recently so all of these movies are new to me. With 10 years of Christmas I can't figure out why I see the same stuff a lot. I don't expect much from them so they're good background when I'm doing other stuff.

I am shocked to find that I really like Candace Cameron Bure. I liked the one I saw with Jen Lilly about the dating app. I knew she was a good actress from Days of Our Lives and she has good comedy in her. I also liked the girl in the one about the fireman and his cat. Of course that had Gregory Harrison in it so I was all in.

That one was called "The Nine Lives Of Christmas" and it is one of my favorites.   I bought the DVD and sometimes I just watch it even when it isn't Christmas.   I think it was one of Hallmark's best movies.

One of the FEW that I remember by name. Of course I'm forced to watch it every year. Buddie thinks that besides his extraordinary resemblance to Will Farrell, he also resembles the "star" of this movie, only even more handsome. (You have to be a "cat person) to really see the resemblance, I think.

Respected Contributor

@lmt wrote:

@J Town Girl wrote:

@pigletsmom wrote:

@J Town Girl  The Nine Lives of Christmas is one of my favorite movies. I also own it on DVD.

Kimberley Sustad is one of the better actresses on Hallmark and I'll watch anything she's in. She and Brandon Routh had such good chemistry in this movie. Plus he's easy on the eyes, LOL!

Related image

Yes I thought this was sort of adorable. I'm not sure if I've seen her in anything else yet but she's very funny.

I'm struck by the fact that some of the actors in these movies are really pretty good. And of course some are not so great. Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

Long article in today's NY Post about who will take over as Queen of Hallmark's Xmas movies now that Loughlin is disgraced. It's between Lacy Chabert and Candace Cameron Bure they say. Cute article, take a look.
Valued Contributor

Not a fan of Candice. I like Lacy but they use her too much.Well they did last year, not so much this year. She is cute and sweet. I like the actresses who are a little more sassy.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the photo of the cat with Brandon.  Thank you for sharing.

cat1.JPG

Honored Contributor

Last night we watches a Very Merry Mix up, bit of a plot tiwst,it was easy to watch

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:
Long article in today's NY Post about who will take over as Queen of Hallmark's Xmas movies now that Loughlin is disgraced. It's between Lacy Chabert and Candace Cameron Bure they say. Cute article, take a look.

Candace is probably the front runner, but then both she and Lacey were always ahead of Lori with the Christmas movies, while Lori was more of a fixture with her series. Personally, I don't care for any of them, though I'd grudgingly give the nod to Candace, I suppose, despite her too often saccharin delivery. I've never thought much of Lacey on any level. As far as replacing Lori in her series. I don't think either of them is a good choice but would probably give the nod to another Hallmark semi-fixture, Danica McKeller... I think she's a much better 'physical' fit and probably a better actor...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...