Honored Contributor

Re: The 2019 Hallmark Christmas Movies

@SouthernBee. LOL hubby's thought process is very G-rated. It could also have been a Harvey Weinstein casting-couch situation! 👹 😃
Esteemed Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

Do you mean this creepy creeper? 

No, that's not him...lol. 

I'll have to see if I can find his pic.

Trusted Contributor

I just finally fell onto the Hallmark channel recently so all of these movies are new to me. With 10 years of Christmas I can't figure out why I see the same stuff a lot. I don't expect much from them so they're good background when I'm doing other stuff.

I am shocked to find that I really like Candace Cameron Bure. I liked the one I saw with Jen Lilly about the dating app. I knew she was a good actress from Days of Our Lives and she has good comedy in her. I also liked the girl in the one about the fireman and his cat. Of course that had Gregory Harrison in it so I was all in.

Esteemed Contributor

Speaking of actors, there is an actor, Mark something or other, chiseled features and a heavy five o'clock shadow that I remember from an episode of Criminal Minds.  He played such an evil role that I can't watch him at all without getting creeped out.

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac. Mark Ruffalo?
Valued Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

I just saw a posting that Hallmark is getting criticism for pulling a commercial that featured two brides kissing at their wedding. I can't say I'm surprised, because they are a Christian based company, but I also think it's a little silly in this day and age and also makes the company look homophobic. Just because someone or some company is Christian doesn't mean they're homophobic. Apparently they didn't get that memo.

I guess I typed too soon, as Hallmark just announced that they are reversing their decision to remove the controversial commercial, and reinstating it. They decided that their decision to ban the commercial was not in the spirit of their motto "when you care enough to send the very best." It's so hard to keep track of these things!

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

We watched the latest Hallmark movie Holiday Date last night with Matt Cohen and Brittnay Bristow it was cute and a little believable

@I am still oxox  I started watching this movie last night but fell asleep after an hour. Not because I didn't like it, I was just tired. I plan on watching it the next time it airs.

I had to laugh though. It looks like Hallmark has begun to recycle some of their older movies. Holiday Date has the same plot as another Hallmark movie, Holiday Engagement with Bonnie Sommerville and Jordan Bridges.

Both movies:

Girl and boyfriend break up just before Christmas ..... CHECK

Girl enlists the help of an actor to pose as her boyfriend and fool her family ..... CHECK

Fake boyfriend is Jewish ..... CHECK

I'll go ahead and assume that at one point in Holiday Date the real boyfriend shows up at her parents house to get back together. if so ..... CHECK

Image result for holiday engagement

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@mspatmac. Mark Ruffalo?

Mark Dekins

Honored Contributor

Mark Deklin

Mark.jpg

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@VaBelle35. With your 5 minute rule you won't be watching any of them. 😄

I've seen enough of these to know if I'll like it.  I save them all and go back to them a few times to see if I feel differently at a different time and sometimes I'm able to get through it.

I have started a few this year and am not feeling any of them yet.  Maybe next week it will feel more Christmasy and I will power through them.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN