Honored Contributor

Re: The 2019 Hallmark Christmas Movies

@gidgetgh wrote:

I have a bunch recorded that I haven't watched yet. 

I tried to watch the one last night or the night before with Kristin Chenowith. I lasted about 20 minutes and later deleted it from my DVR.

I saw most of Christmas at the Plaza. I had recorded it also,  I didn't care for it at all and didn't go back and watch the parts I missed. 

I have no desire at all to watch the Dollywood one tonight. 

I watched most of the one with Andrew Walker, who I really like, and Jodie Sweetin. I saw absolutely no connection between them and only lasted about a half hour with it. 

I DID like Christmas Wishes and Mistletoe Kisses. 

I love, LOVE Kristen Chenowith but I cannot even BEGIN to imagine why she would ALLOW herself to be involved in something so inappropriate for her numerous and extraordinary talents.

I missed a replay starring the blond actress who spent years in DOOL, and I WILL watch it from the beginning if I see that it's being rebroadcast before Christmas. She's a military widow, he was a medic who knew her husband, or maybe IS her husband?

No no NO KRISTEN CHENOWITH.

Honored Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

I thought "Sense, Sensibility and Snowmen" was the worst one so far this season. I love Erin Krakow and Luke MacFarlane, so I was really looking forward to it. It didn't seem to even have a plot, and they had no chemistry together. My favorite, so far this year, was "A Christmas Love Story" with Kristin Chenoweth. I thought her line delivery was really funny, and I didn't see the twist coming at the end which had me in tears. 

Maybe I should grit my teeth and try again.....

Honored Contributor

Hallmark Social Media is an interesting thing to read.  I am amazed at what people complain about.

Someone posted that Kristen Chenowith made some offensive symbol with her hands when conducting music in her movie.  

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
I'm about to watch Mistletoe and Menorahs on Lifetime.
It has been on already, anybody see it?

I will actually try to see this one from the beginning too, based on the rather charming acting and the sweetness of it.

I'm not always sure how successful these attempts at "nothing matters as long as you're RREEAALLLLYYY IN LUUUVVV" plots because they tend IMNHO to skirt the realities of mixed faith/mixed belief unions, but that's just me I guess.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Last night, SNL did a pretty good parody of Hallmark's Christmas programming.  It's called the Hallmark Dating Show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNoZHUDB3GU 

I loved this, especially because one could recognize an example of almost each funny cliche.

Respected Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

There was one male lead who kinda creeped me out because of his looks -- a blonde-haired guy. Can't remember the name of the Xmas movie, but it's one of the new ones. Imo, he'd be a good choice to play the creepy, bad guy in a tv show.

@Daisy Sunflower  Could it be ......

Andrew Francis (this guy REALLY creeps me out!!)

Related image

Valued Contributor

@lmt wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

There was one male lead who kinda creeped me out because of his looks -- a blonde-haired guy. Can't remember the name of the Xmas movie, but it's one of the new ones. Imo, he'd be a good choice to play the creepy, bad guy in a tv show.

Related image

Oh! That guy creeps me out, too! Why in the world do they cast him in romantic roles? 

Respected Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

@lmt wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

Related image

Oh! That guy creeps me out, too! Why in the world do they cast him in romantic roles? 

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who finds that guy creepy.    It's such a shame because he might be a really nice guy but there's something about his looks that just turns me off.  

Respected Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

I just finally fell onto the Hallmark channel recently so all of these movies are new to me. With 10 years of Christmas I can't figure out why I see the same stuff a lot. I don't expect much from them so they're good background when I'm doing other stuff.

I am shocked to find that I really like Candace Cameron Bure. I liked the one I saw with Jen Lilly about the dating app. I knew she was a good actress from Days of Our Lives and she has good comedy in her. I also liked the girl in the one about the fireman and his cat. Of course that had Gregory Harrison in it so I was all in.

That one was called "The Nine Lives Of Christmas" and it is one of my favorites.   I bought the DVD and sometimes I just watch it even when it isn't Christmas.   I think it was one of Hallmark's best movies.

QVC Customer Care