Honored Contributor

Re: The 2019 Hallmark Christmas Movies

I watched Mistletoe and Menorahs last night. It was OK except that: I couldn't believe a man of that age living in the USA could possibly know so little about Xmas, and I couldn't believe the female lead hadn't yet realized what a selfish jerk her boyfriend was. Why was that jerk her boyfriend at all? Also the male lead's girlfriend breaking up with him was very contrived and didn't really make sense but was necessary for the plot to move along.
Honored Contributor

There was a hilarious tweet from someone during Catherine Bell's movie about how these women get 8 coats in the one bag they bring with them when they go home for Christmas.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Let's not forget another common and silly plot device ofen employed... There's almost always the occasion whereby one member of the couple sees the other talking with another member of the opposite sex, sometimes an old flame, stalks off in a huff and assumes, usually for no good reason at all, that their budding romance is over... Ridiculous. As if people who know each other and run into each other are supposed to just ignore each other...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

A Bramblehouse Christmas was on the HMM channel last night starting 11 pm ET. I found it about 10 min into the movie and watched it and enjoyed it again. I didnt post an alert about it here because I was already in bed, electronic devices off.
Valued Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Let's not forget another common and silly plot device ofen employed... There's almost always the occasion whereby one member of the couple sees the other talking with another member of the opposite sex, sometimes an old flame, stalks off in a huff and assumes, usually for no good reason at all, that their budding romance is over... Ridiculous. As if people who know each other and run into each other are supposed to just ignore each other...

@stevieb  Always! It's such a weak way to move the plot forward. Also this along with the fact that the female lead's initial boyfriend is always a jerk makes the women look dumb and gullible. 

Esteemed Contributor

Give me a dog in the movie and the chemistry is always better! 

A Dog Named Christmas

The Christmas Shepherd

Christmas with Tucker

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle 

Same here hubby and I both watched it one night this week, I am waiting for the movie with Matt Cohen who is in General Hospital it will be on this weekend 

@Shelbelle wrote:

I enjoyed a cute one on Lifetime called Mistletoe and Menorah, a combo Xmas and Chanukah story, very cute. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:
Also this along with the fact that the female lead's initial boyfriend is always a jerk makes the women look dumb and gullible. 

This.  

I can't stand how one person in the couple (usually the woman) has such a noxious significant other.  I guess it's to make it okay that the person is going to cheat on them (which is what they are essentially doing.)

I can't remember the movie, but I do recall ONE time where the current boyfriend was a nice guy, but they were more friends and had different goals (he also found someone more for him.)

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego This was one of my criticisms of Misletoe and Menorahs where I posted about it above on this thread.
Honored Contributor

There sure are a lot of these characters who own or have some other connection to an inn. 🙄