Trusted Contributor

The 12/22 Y & R Christmas Eve Episode

Using a 1-10 point system here are my thoughts:

Wardrobe: 10

all players were stunning

Hair & Makeup: 9

Nikki needed a haircut, all the others were lovely

Writing: 9

Mal Young pulled it off. I've had an Abbott style holiday dinner in my family a time or two myself, unfortunately. I'd give anything for a do-over now that they've passed on Woman Sad.

Best looking family: 10

(The Winters Family)

Even missing the Patriarch, this was by far the best looking family in a long time IMO. 

I'd love to see how you would have voted.

dee

Honored Contributor

Re: The 12/22 Y & R Christmas Eve Episode

Well, I can tell you... if by the Winters family you mean Cane and his brood... I wouldn't be giving them a '10' for anything... and I certainly couldn't include Devon on any 'best looking' list... That said, they might have been 'young and restless' at some point, but this is not a youthful or great looking cast, overall... Tessa popping out to warble was a bit much...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb, I was a bit caught off guard, when they mentioned "an Angel" was with them, and Tessa came out with her guitar!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

@stevieb, I was a bit caught off guard, when they mentioned "an Angel" was with them, and Tessa came out with her guitar!Woman LOL

@Hooty Woman Very Happy

And that guitar looked huge up against her... I literally laughed out loud... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

I have to agree - Tessa, you may go now. I find nothing appealing about the character, the storyline or the actress (using that term loosely) who portrays her.

I really don’t mean to come off sounding mean or catty, but the whole package just doesn’t add anything to the show for me.

Respected Contributor

I'm rarely impresssed with how they dress Ashley and Nikki. Same for Phyllis. And for me the bare white legs always look awful. Those gams need to be covered if they're going to be exposed. Nylons, leggings, etc.  Nikki is lovely, but she is built more or less matronly these days and needs to dress differently.

Now Dina, that's another matter. Her clothing is always stunning.  I hate that they have put her into the medical issue they've chosen. She's a wonderful actress and a truly lovely woman. I love to see how she is dressed each day.

The younger women always look very nice, but Ashley's very pregnant daughter needs to go on maternity leave so they can get rid of the dark jackets and packages. Tracy's work has never been dependent on wardrobe. She's a very competent actress.

Unfortunately, like in many things, they haven't called to ask my opinion. If they did, Hillary would have to go. Perhaps she and Tessa could go together.

Esteemed Contributor

It was nice to see all the characters decked out for the holiday......years back our family dressed up for the holidays which to me always made the holiday a little more special...these days it is strictly casual...so i enjoy seeing the  Y & R actors looking so elegant.......and yes...Niki's hair is too long....haha.  Can't stand the Caine character anymore....so obnoxious...and can't believe Lily or Victoria could forgive him....especially how he keeps blaming everyone else for his issues....ugh....I have watched for a few years but that was before the J.T. character w/Victoria so will be interested to see how they turn out...especially since i believe they were married in real life and are now divorced.  It must be weird acting in similar parts to their own personal life.....................and i agree with the Tessa character....wish she would leave...

adds nothing.................and bring Kevin back....an interesting character and good stories usually surround him....

Honored Contributor

@Perkup,

Well written! I totally agree!

http://www.animatedimages.org/data/media/570/animated-merry-christmas-image-0259.gif

Honored Contributor

@deedledeedeedle, I agree with most of what you said.  The Winters family did look good except for Maddie, imo.  I almost always think that Lily looks good except when she wears little girl clothes.  Devon's only problem is that he's short and that can't be changed.  I remember when he was a little boy....cute as a button.  It's getting harder and harder to love Cane, I have to admit.  He can't stop lying and being vindictive.  Except for Hellary whom he has forgiven.  Bet he'll be sorry for that.

We all want Dina to stay but maybe the actress doesn't want to stay.  And for me, I think her funny, cute little witticisms (sp?) will grow tiring after a while.

I think the writing is better, too.  For now.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

I'm accustomed to there being more of a mix for their Christmas shows - where there will be one family get-together that's old-fashioned and really happy, then maybe a lovebird couple by themselves, then maybe somebody all alone and sad or angry.  This year was kind-of a downer because everybody seemed sad or angry.  The last minute Winters' family singalong didn't quite cut it.

I don't know if any of you used to watch All My Children back in the day...but for years they would have former characters from the show return for Christmas and they would gather together at Ruth and Joe Martin's house.  Each year I would look forward to seeing who would return, and I loved the happy reunions.  I really really wish that The Young and the Restless would do something along those lines.