Super Contributor

Re: That shocking OZARK finale !!!

I love Ozark and wait for the new season every summer. There was a longer wait this year than in previous years. I read that the showrunners envisioned a 5 year arc for the series. I don't think we will see another season until middle or end of 2021. Another long wait between seasons. To answer your question, I think Ben is dead. That hitman always accomplished his mission. I was stunned by the ending. I know Jason Bateman is usually nominated for an Emmy. Laura Linney really deserves one this year. Her work was outstanding. The scene where she left Ben and then called home was gutwrenching. Excellent acting.

Respected Contributor

Hmmm, Ben.   I wondered also.   Honesly, I've seen enough of him.  

This show is so good.   I didn't see that ending coming at all.   I actually gasped out loud.  

Julia Garner is such a good actress.   I liked her in The Americans although she had a small part. 

Esteemed Contributor

Ben is history. He was trouble and there was no reason to keep him around. 

Each season ends in a big, surprising, O-M-G way. 

I wish it wasn't such a long time between seasons. 

Keepin' it real.
Contributor

Finally finished the season last night!  OMG!  I also gasped at the ending.

However, I'm worried that Jonah accidentally shot Charlotte when he shot out the window.  Is anyone else concerned or am I worrying about nothing?  They didn't stay on that scene long enough to tell.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MW in Iowaand all who think Ben is alive.

Ben is alive. 

The body being cremated is Sue, the therapist.  We assumed her body was in her car which they sunk into the water.

But they never would have left a body to be discovered later on; cremating Sue guaranteed she's gone for good with no trace.  Finding her later, even years later, in the trunk of that car would only open up a whole round of investigations; which neither Marty and family nor Navarro would want.

Marty said the box with the ashes was very light-in other words, it didn't seem to contain the ashes of a larger person.

Helen was the liability more than Ben.  Nelson is closer to Navarro than just being a hitman.

I believe the whole issue with Ben was another test of loyalty; but Ben is alive and most likely being kept by Navarro.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I am so behind on all of the shows I want to see and the one's I've been watching and am behind on the episodes.

I started this but didn't get very far before I ended up on to another one.

Thanks for the reminder.

Honored Contributor

This has to be like one of my favorite shows --- if not the favorite!  Jason Bateman is wonderful.  The actor who portrays Ben --- oh, my goodness, he is amazing.  And, of course - Julia Garner --- her character is by far, the best! She is just so talented.  When I watch her in this show, my heart aches for her! What a show!! Love it so much!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

I love Ozark too and wait patiently for the next season. I think we are in for a long wait this year. Jason Bateman and Laura Linney are so talented. I know Jason Bateman is Emmy nominated every year but Laura Linney deserves the  Emmy this year for her stellar work. Her uncontrollable sobbing after leaving Ben at the diner was so believable. Excellent actress.

Respected Contributor

I love the show. I think this season was the best!

Laura Linney and Julia Garner are both fantastic in their roles. They always do an outstanding job, but LL really knocked it out of the park this season. They each deserve an Emmy for their work.

Darlene Snell and Wyatt ....that was just icky. 

I also loved Janet McTeer's (Helen Pierce) scenes with Laura Linney. They played well off of each other.

Ozark: Helen Pierce and Wendy Byrde clashed

Spoiler
I was sorry (and surprised) that Helen was killed off. I really liked the character and will miss her.
Honored Contributor

I'm always late to the party, I only recently figured out how to use Netflix, LOL

I spent the last 2 weeks watching from S1, finished S3 this morning.

I want more!

I love Ruth.

Most of the complex characters are female.  It's been interesting.