Respected Contributor

That shocking OZARK finale !!!

Spoiler
What did everybody think about the finale. I know i am probably wrong , but i wonder if they really did kill Ben , i know Wendy thinks they  did , but they didn't actually show the hitman do it. And a body in a bag doesn't mean it really him. The therapist was a great comic relief to a dark show.
Honored Contributor

Re: That shocking OZARK finale !!!

Yes, the end was SHOCKING! I never thought of your theory. Interesting. I sure hope they bring us another season faster than this one. Excellent series!

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

I know, it's too bad we have to wait so long in between seasons Smiley Sad

It may be even longer now as with all that's going on I would imagine there isn't much filming going on.

Respected Contributor

I think we will be lucky to see it in 2021 , i think this show takes quite a while to film and who knows when they can even start.Jason said recently this isn't a 12 season show  , so i think he means it is meant to be a quality shorter type of show. I could see it for at least 2 more seasons.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I will watch ANYTHING the great Laura Linney is in....I binged all the seasons together.

Respected Contributor

Spoiler
Ko , what do you think about my theory about Ben not being dead , i know Wendy made the call and the hit man was walking toward him , but they didn't show him killing Ben , it might have been an artistic choice not to show it , on the other hand i don't know what they can do with his character because he was so out of control.
Honored Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

I will watch ANYTHING the great Laura Linney is in....I binged all the seasons together.

I'm glad Helen's character was written off....gross as it were to see her demise.

I think the cartle boss looks like - Mexican Tom Jones, thus everytime he's on screen I snicker a bit!

The show is dark - both in tone (rather a blue/sepia, and in theme).

I adore Ruth Langmore, I find her character most appealing and the most changed throughout the series.  I root for her...she always seems so sad.

The "love affair" between her cousin Wyatt and Darlene makes me wince.

However, there again, I feel Darlene does have some good qualities/for example - she really adores that lil baby with every fiber of her being.

My favorite scene was when Darlene went to reap revenge on Frank Cosgrove Jr. for beating up Ruth...she tells him she came to shoot his "p*cker off....but has to FIND IT FIRST! - comedy gold right there!

Jonah - that kid will be the one to watch next season....wait n see....

The series cannot return fast enough.

@MoonieBaby  WOW please edit your post with "SPOILER"! You gave away the entire season! 

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

I just watched the finale today. I was so irked when I googled the name of the actress playing Helen.She kinda looked like Jane Lynch but not really.When her name popped up,a major question appeared that gave away the ending.Grrrr...So I knew how it was going to proceed.And no,I didn't think about Ben in that way. Hmmm..

I kept wondering how these people get any sleep? It''s a new crisis every day with non stop stress. I would be a nervous wreck. Woman Mad

Respected Contributor

I'd heard so much about Ozark so started binging last week. I like Jason Bateman and Laura Linney a lot. (also Julia Garner)

It drove me crazy how "dark" my TV screen appeared.  I really disliked more than a few characters.  I was about 15 minutes into the season 1 finale and decided this series was just not for me.

Respected Contributor

I think your theory is a possibility to fool Helen.