Honored Contributor

About Pam Hupp.  Do you know if NBC is repeating the first episode before the second episode airs?  Not signing up for another streaming service at this point.

Honored Contributor

Re: That Renee Zellweger show

Tonight March 11, at 10pm eastern.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched the first one.  Kind of strange, but it is modeled after a true story.  Not sure if I will stick with it or not.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

I felt like it was a bit strange, too, @Puppy Lips .  I might watch the next episode before I decide to call it quits.  

Honored Contributor

Wasn't this an ID channel show at one time, or maybe Dateline?  It seemed like I had seen something just like this a year or so ago.  The murder was solved in a one hour program.  I guess I am not understanding this 'new' show and the multiple episodes.

I started to watch last night/Friday March 11, but knew the premise of the show so I changed the channel.

Respected Contributor

@depglass - I cannot answer your question, but I am recording the series on my DVR. 

I have yet to watch the first episode. I have reservations about watching something so negative and dark, but sometimes, even in a made-for-TV series based upon a real-life story of a sociopath, there can be helpful insights into how to recognize someone in your very own social sphere of friends, acquaintances, and neighbors who might be hiding, suppressing, or harboring extremely bad intentions toward you. Not saying anyone should be paranoid, or that they have such people in their social circles, but that everyone should be on the lookout for certain psychological behaviors and traits that may signal potential dangers ahead in dealing with, or continuing to include, such people in our lives. We should not ever be dismissive of our sixth sense about others around us, should we be so fortunate as to have a sixth sense.    

Honored Contributor

I just read the Wiki on Pam Hupp, wow, what a piece of work!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The original Dateline episode is titled Stranger Than Fiction (2016). I believe you can watch it online. 

ETA- 

Go to NBCNews dot com and search for it there. They have it broken up into 12 short segments so you have to click on each one to view the entire episode.

UPDATE about that Dateline episode...

Looks like NBC took it down from their website so you can't watch it. Not sure if you can see anywhere at this point.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I too knew the story but the way the series is being presented and the cast drew me in.  Renee is amazing and after two episodes I can't wait for the rest of them.  I find it fascinating.

Valued Contributor

I am not normally a fan of Renee Zellwegger but she is really good in this. It’s weird but entertaining.