Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Rats, wish we got Antenna TV.  Neither MeTV nor FETV seem to ever carry "That Girl",  at least not in recent memory.  I keep waiting for MeTV to run "Mod Squad" again.

I love "Donald" on that show, @drizzellla --  he was a nice foil for dizzy Anne Marie.  Her "high maintenance" Dad, Lew Marie was pretty funny, too.  And those kicky 60's clothes, what fun!  

@Oznell   Guess what I also recorded on VHS, the entire series, lol.

Honored Contributor

My favorite episode is the one in which they set out on a trip to Ann's home for Donald to meet her parents.  They go on a picnic.  His contact pops out and breaks, I think ann stepped on it, he steps on a bee in his bare feet, and the funniest is that his car gets stuck in the mud, so when he meets her parents, he is covered in mud, hopping on one foot, and squinting, lol.

the other episode is the Thanksgiving episode in which Ann has to cook a turkey in her friend's apartment, running back and forth.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

My favorite episode is the one in which they set out on a trip to Ann's home for Donald to meet her parents.  They go on a picnic.  His contact pops out and breaks, I think ann stepped on it, he steps on a bee in his bare feet, and the funniest is that his car gets stuck in the mud, so when he meets her parents, he is covered in mud, hopping on one foot, and squinting, lol.

the other episode is the Thanksgiving episode in which Ann has to cook a turkey in her friend's apartment, running back and forth.

I saw both of those just recently.    The one with the trip was so funny because everything imaginable, plus some more stuff, went wrong.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

They showed the Thanksgiving episode a little while ago.

Respected Contributor

I have been watching That Girl episodes on Netflix.  They have all of the seasons and it is interesting to see how the fashion and subject of the show evolves.

I had to sleep on large plastic rollers in high school so that my hair would look like Ann's.  Watching now, it looks like the hair might be a wig...say it ain't so!!  I noticed in some episodes that it looked like there was a shiny object at the top of her head holding it on. 

Watching is definitely a nice flashback to my past.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Re: That Girl Marathon

[ Edited ]

@Mersha wrote:

I have been watching That Girl episodes on Netflix.  They have all of the seasons and it is interesting to see how the fashion and subject of the show evolves.

I had to sleep on large plastic rollers in high school so that my hair would look like Ann's.  Watching now, it looks like the hair might be a wig...say it ain't so!!  I noticed in some episodes that it looked like there was a shiny object at the top of her head holding it on. 

Watching is definitely a nice flashback to my past.

Oddly, my Tivo doesn't recognize that the show is on Netflix but while I was doing that I did see that Prime has it so, if somebody here doesn't have Netflix but has Prime, there's another choice.  Smiley Happy

Why did I not know this?  /rhetorical   Smiley Happy

Even more boneheaded on my part, I actually have the DVD set of the series.   I need to get over that antenna keeps on stopping before finishing it and just put the discs in the blu-ray player, or tune in to Prime, and just watch it.   

Esteemed Contributor

I loved that show as a kid. I was pretty young when it was on. The clothes were the best. Her apartment was not that great but probably realistic. I have that Barbie also. I collect them . I really can't sit and watch them, just put them on as background noise.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Trusted Contributor

I just saw this but thank you!!  I didn't know I had the channel, duh!Woman Tongue

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I"ve been watching the show since they recently began it again.   One thing I noticed is that today's marathon is a group of cherry-picked episodes and then after today nothing.   So, I hope they aren't ditching it AGAIN before going through the entirety of the series.  Smiley Sad

Since the first of the year, it has been airing on Antenna TV every weekday at noon ET with 2 episodes back to back, also on Sat nights from 11 to 12 ET. 

Honored Contributor

Credits say her clothes were provided by Cardinali. Anyone know if that was a low priced designer? After all, she was always broke and the cost of those eyelashes alone...