Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl 

Oh, sorry about your tape!  I love those 2 episodes, too!  I just saw the Thanksgiving one!  So funny --- I was laughing so much!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle 

That would have been great!  I don't think I ever saw her before she had her nose job!  

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt 

I agree about the eye makeup!  I was fascinated with it, too --- and even though it was a lot, it didn't seem like a lot on her -- it just made her eyes look incredibly big and sparkly!   Her hair, too!  I think she had lovely hands --- so slender and long fingers with always a beautiful manicure! 

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

I wanted to be Ann Marie one day and the next Emma Peel!  They both were amazing in different ways!  Ann was supposed to be silly and goofy and comedic and Emma was brilliant, sizzling, sensual and strong!  Ann had the mod thing going on with all the designer frocks.  Emma had the catsuits and booties, guns and little sportscar!  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

It was supposed to be funny and campy and lighthearted - and it was!  I was a young girl and way back then they really didn't have shows much about a young, single girl going off on her on to New Year on all kind of adventures!  It was fun!

As for Emma Peel--- she was amazing!!! Way, way, ahead of her time!  Ferocious, feline, brilliant!  Who wouldn't want to be like her??? 

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 

I didn't know that!  I thought he was very good as her dad.  

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

Yes, I agree.  Kind of a yin and yang --- a good balance of characters.  I loved the show because it was as you say --- a fantasy wish fulfillment.  I kind of lived as a young girl vicariously through her adventures!  Of course, it was not real -- it was supposed to be fun, wacky and comedic -- and it was!  I thought the writing and acting both were brilliant!  

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla 

I know!  He was a very, very patient man!  LOL!

I wonder if she got the outfits, too!  I understand they were very expensive and high-end!  She was very tiny and petite so I imagine a lot of them were tailored just for her!  She always looked amazing!  She even had the little hats, gloves, bags, etc!!!  

Honored Contributor

@Jackson08 

I think we all had idols growing up or people on t.v. that we were in awe of!  Just part of growing up.  Now, I watch these episodes, and I feel happy and nostalgic!  It brings some of those old, carefree feelings back!  I think we all need some upbeat, happy things like this at this time and place!  Yes, so many good episodes!  And a lot of well-known actors, too! 

Honored Contributor

@Moonlady 

I did not know that!  Very interesting!  I loved her hair!  I remember I think it was the last season when she had her hair parted in the middle -- no bangs -- and straight -- and she looked so much more dignified, elegant --- but I truthfully, preferred her former look!  But we all have to change and mature!  She still looked beautiful. And she is still beautiful!