Honored Contributor

Tennis--I wish Martina was always on!

She tells you so much about tennis and how things work and work and it's not just idle gossip!  She is a great commentator! 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tennis--I wish Martina was always on!

[ Edited ]

I enjoy McKendry and Mary Jo commenting during the tennis matches............didn't hear Martina......but the 

WORST is Chris Everet..........sooooo full of herself and also always obvious which tennis players she likes and wants to win.  Most of her matches the word i hear the most is " I " this and " I " that..........all about herself.

Love watching the matches......a different world this year......hope next year is better for everyone.

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17 Martina has been on in the mornings and afternoons with women's matches I think mostly this week from Paris. 

Respected Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

I enjoy McKendry and Mary Jo commenting during the tennis matches............didn't hear Martina......but the 

WORST is Chris Everet..........sooooo full of herself and also always obvious which tennis players she likes and wants to win.  Most of her matches the word i hear the most is " I " this and " I " that..........all about herself.

Love watching the matches......a different world this year......hope next year is better for everyone.

@kelsey17   I agree about Chris Evert.  I cannot stand to listen to her.  I find  her very condescending and annoying.

My favorite women announcers are Mary Jo and Mary Carillo.

On the mens' side, definitely Johnny Mac and his brother Patrick.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

I watch most of the tennis on mute!  I can see what's happening.   No need, for me, for the endless chatter.

Trusted Contributor

I get distracted with the commentary.  I love both watching and listening but sadly I can't do both.