Honored Contributor

This show premiered in 2018 on CBS All Access. I remember thinking it sounded interesting but I wasn't willing to pay for the app. It will now air on The CW starting Tuesday July 28 at 9:00. Description, Once upon a time-in 2018 actually-three beloved fairy tales were transformed into the plot of this gritty CBS All Access crime drama. It mentions Little Red Riding Hood, The Three Little Pigs, and Hansel and Gretel. It was created by Kevin Williamson. Now if only they would air Jordan Peele's reboot of The Twilight Zone, I would be happy. 

Honored Contributor

Just a reminder to anyone who wants to watch this, it starts tomorrow night.

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 DVR set! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I watched this last night and really liked it. You can tell this was produced for a streaming service, there was a blurred circle covering a guy's bare tush!

Honored Contributor

Re: Tell Me A Story

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

I watched this last night and really liked it. You can tell this was produced for a streaming service, there was a blurred circle covering a guy's bare tush!

Oh yes, because heaven forbid we see a bare arsed man on television. We're going backwards. I recall in the 90's it happened several times, even on daytime... I guess liberation got stalled...

Let's see now, they can portray an underage girl picking up a teacher and sleeping with him, boozing it up, taking illegal drugs... They can portray two rent boys and their 'john' snorting mountains of coke... They can portray at least one murder and an instance of an accidental manslaughter, but heaven forbid we see a momentary flash of a set of bare buns... Only in America...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Anybody else watching, I am?

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I am still watching. I didn't remember the back story from last week but once they showed some scenes, my memory came back. The man whose girlfriend was killed in the jewelry store is really getting interesting. Looking forward to seeing more.

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I am still watching. I didn't remember the back story from last week but once they showed some scenes, my memory came back. The man whose girlfriend was killed in the jewelry store is really getting interesting. Looking forward to seeing more.

@elated that's James Wolk, I remember him from Zoo and The Crazy Ones a sitcom with Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Honored Contributor

I really like this show, it’s dark in it’s retelling of the fairy tales.

Honored Contributor

I'm still watching. The first two episodes were pretty compelling, last week slightly less so and haven't watched this week's show yet. The murdered woman's grieving boyfriend is beginning to work my nerves, so we'll see. As for the supposed parallels between this show and fairy tales, I think it's a real stretch.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...