Super Contributor

Television Without Pity (TwoP) shutting down

I hadn't been to that site in a long time ... imagine my shock to learn that it's shutting down and going away.

Thought I'd give y'all a heads up, in case there's anything in their forums you want to save, or posters you want to follow.

Honored Contributor

Re: Television Without Pity (TwoP) shutting down

I like TV Fanatic, they send me emails most everyday, with summaries and comments and reviews.

Super Contributor

On 4/10/2014 Shelbelle said:

I like TV Fanatic, they send me emails most everyday, with summaries and comments and reviews.

The last thing I want is more emails. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

TwoP was snarky. That's why I liked it.

Respected Contributor

I used to love that site for its snark, but I haven't been there lately. I'm sorry to hear that it is shutting down.

Trusted Contributor

Oh, nooo ... I had not checked in there for a while. Had no idea. I especially loved the recaps.

Was it low traffic, ennui1? Very few good forums left now. Can't compete with FB, Twitter, etc. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Super Contributor

On 4/10/2014 SelahG said:

Was it low traffic, ennui1?

They didn't give a reason. The forums there seem to be just as active as always.

Trusted Contributor

Such a "pity"! Ironically ...

I'm going to pop over there now, for old time's sake.

TY for the info.

Frequent Contributor

I will miss it too. It was great if you missed an episode of a show, you could get a recap and I also liked the forums. The forums will be open until the end of May.

One thing I appreciated was that the forum moderators were sharks, in that anyone who posted spoilers on future episodes were quickly deleted and there were special spoiler forums for those who enjoy them.

I don't think lack of traffic brought them down, they were purchased and the new owners decided to close the site.

Super Contributor

On 4/10/2014 coldlake said:

I will miss it too. It was great if you missed an episode of a show, you could get a recap and I also liked the forums. The forums will be open until the end of May.

I think I saw that the recaps will remain archived and available -- nothing new will be added, of course. While the forums will be open through May, they will be deleted after that.

Does anyone here remember Fametracker? It was shut down, and although they said the forums would be open to a certain date, the meltdown was epic, and they disappeared early.

Super Contributor

Why? I loved the forums there because I could get caught up through them.

War Eagle!