Honored Contributor

Tammy Faye Baker!-"The Eyes of Tammy Faye"

[ Edited ]

I haven't finished watching The Eyes of Tammy Faye but wow!

She really was a good sweet and ahead of her time person! And wasn't afraid to stand up to the bigots on tv in those days!

She was a representative of loving every person despite the strange and bizarre circumstances esp mother she grew up with. She even stood up to her mother.She could outquote the book with the best of them to reflect her views.

Maybe she lost her way with all the money-she loved nice things but I hope when I finish watching she didn't lose all her strong beliefs that were so right on!

I never really knew her if all this is a true representation.

I never admired the few times I saw clips of her and Jim on the news, or other tv. I'd always felt that she was in on all of the fraud too or at least she must have known what was going on. And maybe she really did feel like they did nothing wrong. I don't know.

What a personality she was. She really did seem to be what you see is what you get as she herself decribed herself.

I was a little shocked along with the audience of how she had a guest on tv selling ahem a man's tools😳

I don't think that would be allowed televised today!

It is a fascinating movie.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

Re: Tammy Faye Baker!-"The Eyes of Tammy Faye"

Tammy Faye was always judged and criticized by others but she in turn showed empathy and compassion.

A class act.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It does seem that her motivation was really out of caring and compassion for everyone.

And I was so impressed by how kind she always was towards her mother. Not bitter or angry but just saying she needed more love in her life-pretty amazing.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay  FYI, Bakker has two "k"s.

Esteemed Contributor

I really wish we would let people rest in peace.

Honored Contributor

I'm glad to know her story and that this movie is telling it. There are so many people to remember and honor I know in my life-ones I've known and ones I only knew from watching on tv. 

Trusted Contributor

I love Tammy Faye, watched them way back in the day. She was precious.

Honored Contributor

Now Jim on the other hand😖

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen this yet but want to. I recall her from many years ago on their show the PTL club. Gosh it's been ages.