Respected Contributor

Tales of the city , anyone watching ?

I have watched 2 episodes , and am sure i will watch the rest ,netflix really pushes the limits on sexual scenes though , doesn't bother me but i probably would not make it as an actor because i would refuse any offers that had those kind of scenes , they seem demeaning. Laura Linney needs to do an out and out screwball comedy after Ozark and now this series . She always does quality work , but i think she could use a change of pace.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tales of the city , anyone watching ?

Thanks for the heads up, @MW in Iowa.  I read all the books years ago and loved them.

Honored Contributor

I wish!  I don't have Netflix.  Until I saw this post I didn't even know they're running it.  Too many tv channels, too many books, resisting temptation!

Last night I watched a year-old documentary on Armistead Maupin and Tales of the City for PBS's Independent Lens.  It was wonderful and so interesting.  I had completely forgotten about the books!

Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

I watched Tales of the City many years ago and just loved it!

Respected Contributor

I didn't realize there was so many versions , Laura Linney was in it also in 1993 and now comes back after all this time  , and of course the community has  become even more liberal . The original is coming to netflix 6/28.

Honored Contributor

Thanks.  I was wondering what to watch next on Netflix.  

Respected Contributor

I just finished watching the finale , it was a tearjerker ,keep an eye out for MollyRingwald of all people. Now i  will try the original when it starts in a week. There was a lot of diversity in this show , so if you don't like that stay clear.