Valued Contributor

Tabernacle Choir Easter Concert streamed live tonight

The Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square (formerly known as the Mormon Tabernacle Choir) will perform in a special Easter service on Temple Square in Salt Lake City at 7:30 PM mountain time (9:30 eastern time). The concert will be broadcast online and on television.

“The concert is a wonderful way to celebrate the Easter season with family and friends and listen to inspiring music performed by the choir, orchestra, and Bells on Temple Square as well as our guests, the Gabriel Trumpet Ensemble,” said Mack Wilberg, music director of the choir. “Technology makes it possible to share music with worldwide audiences in real time.”

“He Is Risen: A Sacred Easter Presentation” will feature a variety of sacred hymns and songs. Beginning with Wilberg’s arrangements of “Christ the Lord Is Risen Today” and “That Easter Day with Joy Was Bright,” the program moves to the hymn “How Great the Wisdom and the Love” and readings from the New Testament accounts of the Resurrection. The concert ends with “Worthy Is The Lamb” from Handel’s “Messiah” as the benediction.

The event will be streamed live on Saturday, April 20 at 7:30 p.m. on the home page of churchofjesuschrist.org, the official website of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; the choir’s website, thetabernaclechoir.org; the choir's YouTube channel; and the choir’s Facebook page. The concert will also be posted on YouTube immediately following the Saturday live stream. Additionally, the program will be broadcast on BYUtv on Easter Sunday, April 21 at 6:00 p.m. Mountain Daylight Time. (Those of you who have Dish or DirectTV should get BYUtv).

I'm looking forward to this!

Valued Contributor

Re: Tabernacle Choir Easter Concert streamed live tonight

sounds wonderful!

Valued Contributor

ctr shield_16 - Edited.pngWoman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @cimeranrose --  I'm sure it will be stirring and beautiful.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the info!!  I love the Christmas concerts.  Watch many times over and often with tears running down my face....so moving!  Memories!!