Honored Contributor

Re: TWO ADS THAT I AM SOOOOOOOOO SICK OF SEEING

Commercials are another thing I'm pretty good at tuning out.
Honored Contributor

I haven't seen it in a while but there's a commercial for Dove or Dial, I think, with a naked full frontal of a woman with a double mastectomy.

I have compassion and sympathy for any woman who's gone through this but I still find it disturbing

The fresh pet commercial with the dogs reacting to the bad food and then reacting to the good stuff I could watch all day!

Respected Contributor

I hate the commercials for insurance touted as "for funeral and other final expenses."  The relatives around the ailing person's bed are practically rubbing their hands together in gleeful anticipation....like $30,000 is going to give Mom a nice funeral and set them all financially for life!

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

The two stupidest commercials are Progressive Insurance and Liberty Insurance.  They are on concstantly in my area.

You bet me to it @KatCat  I cringe when I hear MO-tore.  I do get a kick out of Emo commercials though.

Super Contributor

I hate most commercials and don't usually pay attention to most of them.  But i kinda like the new Geiko commercials with the couples sitting and saying "we have clogs" - "we have rats" - "we have aunts."  And the one with the guy in the desert who finds a cooler of water bottles.  i laugh when he's asked "want a ride?" and he says "no, I'm good."

One I really am sick of seeing every time I turn on the TV is CarShield.  it's on a hundred times a day.

Respected Contributor

Sadly, It's the Motaur commercials.  At the start I enjoyed them. Something new.  BUT

I was unhappy with the last two I saw.  the one titled Motaur HERD.  Caling any group of people a HERD is demeening.  Real or not.  then the one where the MOtaur is rollling on the tredmill.  OK until the mamager says therers a 30 minute limit and the Motaur says "tell taht to the rain." and keeps rolling.. It's a blatent disreguard of the rules.  Not Cool.  I did not like the message in that commercial.

Honored Contributor

Ladies, its time to turn off the tube and get out in this beautiful summer weather and take a walk. Enough of tv already.

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

Sadly, It's the Motaur commercials.  At the start I enjoyed them. Something new.  BUT

I was unhappy with the last two I saw.  the one titled Motaur HERD.  Caling any group of people a HERD is demeening.  Real or not.  then the one where the MOtaur is rollling on the tredmill.  OK until the mamager says therers a 30 minute limit and the Motaur says "tell taht to the rain." and keeps rolling.. It's a blatent disreguard of the rules.  Not Cool.  I did not like the message in that commercial.

@candys mine   I have never seen these ads.  What are they selling?

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Ladies, its time to turn off the tube and get out in this beautiful summer weather and take a walk. Enough of tv already.

@ID2  While I agree about getting outside (I spend the biggest chunk of the day outside), I , and many other people, spend their evenings watching the tube.  

This summer will be over before we know it and then the complaints will roll in about how cold and dreary it is.  I go along with you about enjoying these summer days!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I dislike the Poise commercials talking about "Poise in your pants."  

Any commercials with animals I love like the Suburu or Hyundai. 

I also love the insurance commercials where the people are turning into their parents.  That absolutely cracks me up.  

@Lipstickdiva: I haven't seen that one.
Poise in your pants"...oh my!!! Smiley SurprisedSmiley Tongue