Trusted Contributor

Re: TWO ADS THAT I AM SOOOOOOOOO SICK OF SEEING

@Zernia Rose wrote:

Skittles commercials: boy and girl with acne, man milking a giraffe.

Then the really discusting part: someone eats one of the skittles (that is supposed to be acne) off the boys face (really gross).

Honored Contributor

Progressive with the man who's half person, half motorcycle.

Progressive with big foot and Flo.

Esteemed Contributor

One word:

Manscaping 

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

I cant stand that Geico commercial where the guy has a life coach and it's DJ Khalid saying "Devon, give me another one, another one, another one." It didn't work when DJ  Khalid tried this as a song, and it ain't working as a commercial either. Geico...make another one, another one, a different one! 

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@RealtyGal2 

My problem with those commercials is why are they all targeting women?! It's not like men don't also suffer incontinence!?

@Andreatoo @RealtyGal2 have you seen the one with the underwear that just absorbs whatever whether it be urine or blood and I guess you just wash it and wear it again.  Blech!

Now for a cute one.  Have you seen the Eargo one?  It's a girl and her boyfriend who are apparently spending the night at her parents' house.  I always miss the first part of the commercial.  But while the mother has her back turned the girl keeps mouthing then whispering at her boyfriend who is a few feet away "Did you bring the co*doms?" He can't figure out what she's trying to say and she keeps whispering it.  Finally, her father says "She wants to know if you brought the con**ms. (I don't know if that's a banned word).  She looks embarrassed and he says "Yeah, I brought 'em" and then she gives him a dirty look.  Later in the commercial they go to their room and the father purposefully takes his Eargo hearing aids out.  

Esteemed Contributor

Yup.

the guy is brushing his teeth, and DJ K. says, "Remember, tiny circles"

The guy does one tiny circle with the toothbrush.

"Another one."

The guy does another tiny circle with the toothbrush .

"Another one."

The guy does another tiny circle with the toothbrush .

"Keep it up."

Esteemed Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

@tends2dogs   I can't recall seeing either one of the commercials you mentioned.  I've seen Twizzler's commercials but nothing w/a skateboard that I recall.  And I've seen cat commercials, but can't recall that one either.

I cannot stand all these drug commercials.  They are always filmed in slow motion w/a look of pure bliss on everyone's face because they now no longer can feel the symptoms of their illness.  Meanwhile, their illness is still there, they've just covered it up.  They always are filmed in beautiful vacation spots, or the sufferers all live by a lake in a million dollar home w/a fabulous kitchen in which to prepare their now healthy meals.  And then just wait for the list of side effects - including death, risk of infections, heart attack or stroke, poor eyesight, trouble breathing and on and on.

I make an exception for the Chantix turkey.  And I haven't seen him for awhile.  But even this turkey lives in a beautiful home by a lake or ocean.

@jellyBEAN 

This is the commercial that @tends2dogs  was talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKQ_I_2-8Hw 

Respected Contributor

Heres another one...another one, that I can't stand. It's the commercial for Peyronie's disease. " Curvation " 😝 like Renee Greenstein would say! You know.. what Clinton was said to have by the intern. 

Trusted Contributor

@tends2dogs  For me, it's the commercial that starts off singing, "Hey, hey, good lookin'."  I don't even know what product they're advertising, as I change the channel faster than when SK is hosting on Q. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Trusted Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

I can't stand that one for Perdue chicken that has someone singing that song "Hey Good Lookin" in that twangy way.  

The other one that makes me hit mute immediately is the infomercial for Plexiderm.  It usually comes on later at night when I am trying to enjoy watching the reruns of Frasier.   It seems to go on forever.  

You may not like that twangy way, but that's a classic song from the late great Hank Williams.  I love the commercial, but then again, I love Hank Williams AND chicken.  LOL.