Respected Contributor

Re: TWO ADS THAT I AM SOOOOOOOOO SICK OF SEEING

The Life Alert commercials annoy me with the warning this may be offensive to viewers. I think there are THREE ,one a fall in the kitchen, one the bottom of the stairs with the laundry basket and one in the bathroom. The yelling" Help I Can't Get Up!"  and MOM MOM etc.

I have a similar device and these commercials did not prompt me to purchase. I think another approach would be helpful instead of trying to frighten seniors. It helped my Aunt when she had a stroke to call for help. 

Respected Contributor

McDonald's ads, especially the Quarter Pounder one. they are on constantly and I wonder if the company realizes that this is the cause of many channel changes; I can't stand it.

Respected Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

Heres another one...another one, that I can't stand. It's the commercial for Peyronie's disease. " Curvation " 😝 like Renee Greenstein would say! You know.. what Clinton was said to have by the intern. 

oh my God, I HATE that commercial. I usually shriek and dive for the remote as fast as I can.

Frequent Contributor

I hate the one who asks her mom with migraines " are you ok to play" children today can't entertain themselves! I don't remember my mom ever entertaining us.

Respected Contributor

@GorgfI dislike the scare tactics too.  Still the way they speed up the footge of the paramedics hopping in their truck and racing to the rescue makes me laugh every time.  and the fellow who is driving on a paved road then turns off onto a dirt road to call in that he 'Can't breathe!"  is nother one.  WH,Y if you were having a medical emergency,  would you go from a place where people can SEE you to a lonely dirt road? 

Yet in fal airness falls where one is unable to get up again DO happen.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Definitely Dr. Wendy Walsh discussing talcum powder.  Really long - Almost like an infomercial.

Honored Contributor

The Charmin' commercial with the bear telling us his heinie is clean. 

Esteemed Contributor

The Alexa commercial with the opera singer.  I can hear that commercial in another room with the volume down.  Grates on my nerves and  it seems to be every other commercial on during the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlw4TdWEExM

Honored Contributor

Whatever happened to writing jingles for products?? This new trend of using old popular music seems lazy. And while I can name the song I couldn't tell you what they were advertising for?! Seems to defeat the purpose

Meanwhile I can recall jingles from decades ago. seems a better way to advertise

Respected Contributor

The Tena pad commercial where the woman says"not that skin", (and looks down), "that skin" Also, the toilet paper commercial that says "my heiney's clean". I don't need to know this. As soon as they come on, I flip the channel.These personal product commercials are getting to be too personal.