Respected Contributor

TV show My Strange Addiction

Anyone watching this show ?  There is a gal addicted to eating the drywall in her home. She has broken off and chewed pieces making a hole in the wall. One gal on the previous episode tonight is addicted to drinking gasoline !! Last week there was a gal addicted to sniffing baby powder up her nose. Does anyone believe this show is for real ?

Honored Contributor

Re: TV show My Strange Addiction

I used to watch it with my daughter. This has been quite a few years ago. It's tough to believe that it's real. I've seen quite a few episodes and people consume some extremely outrageous things.

Respected Contributor

I find all of it very hard to believe so therefor,I do not watch

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes I watched one episode some years ago. It was so disgusting I quit.

Honored Contributor

This has got to be a TLC production with more weirdos they've dug up or manufactured. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Yesterday my periodontist told me she had a patient who had become addicted to brushing her teeth with Ajax. Fabulously white teeth, but it ruined her gums.

So yes, it may be real. I have never seen the show.

Respected Contributor

One of the MSA episodes I saw was a woman addicted to eating Comet cleanser. She'd done it for so long it rotted her teeth and gums. 

Respected Contributor

I think they are showing repeats of shows as I saw these several years ago.  I remember one young woman who ate several bags of cat treats daily.  There was one who ate foam rubber, one sniffed moth balls constantly, another drank nail polish.  

Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

Anyone watching this show ?  There is a gal addicted to eating the drywall in her home. She has broken off and chewed pieces making a hole in the wall. One gal on the previous episode tonight is addicted to drinking gasoline !! Last week there was a gal addicted to sniffing baby powder up her nose. Does anyone believe this show is for real ?

@Goodie2shoes  This is so crazy, I don't know what to think!

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

Yesterday my periodontist told me she had a patient who had become addicted to brushing her teeth with Ajax. Fabulously white teeth, but it ruined her gums.

So yes, it may be real. I have never seen the show.

My FIL  is 90 and says people used to brush their teeth with Ajax when he was a kid.