Valued Contributor

I don't watch much TV but I do like The Paradise, House of Cards and Better call Saul. Mad Men starts April 5th and Dancing with the Stars starts March 16th.

Honored Contributor

I like Alaska The Last Frontier, Life Below Zero, Dual Survival, Ink Master, American Restoration & At Midnight.

Super Contributor

The new shows that i really like are Better Call Saul, Battle Creek, and American Crime. Love Downton Abby, Mad Men (can't wait for the final season) , Call the Midwife, The Middle, and Mr. Selfridge.

Super Contributor

Totally hooked on TURN: Washington's Spies. Just started Season 2 of House of Cards as we didn't have NETFLIX. DIL says I must watch Better Call Saul even though I never watched Breakaing Bad.

Otherwise the only network scripted shows I watch are Blue Bloods and Forever, and I watch TAR.

Honored Contributor

Wow! I never heard of some of these shows. I don't watch shows on my computer, so if they're on the computer, I don't see them.

What is TURN about? Never heard of it. I've wached House of Cards. Lost interest in it when he pushed the young girl in front of the train. It just hits too close to home (living within miles of DC. I see it constantly on TV. People who live around here can often identify many Congressmen (not even theirs) Senators, etc. I get soooo tired of it.

I was a little bit into Selfridge. I just feel like I don't have time to watch all of these shows.

I do enjoy reading about the new shows or the one's you guys watch that I don't.

Valued Contributor

Annabelle, TURN is on AMC. Set in what becomes NY state during our Revolution, a group of rebels spies on the British and sends the info to Gen Washington.

Super Contributor
On 3/16/2015 2cockers1cat said:

Annabelle, TURN is on AMC. Set in what becomes NY state during our Revolution, a group of rebels spies on the British and sends the info to Gen Washington.

It is about The Culper Ring which was a real group of patriots on LI who were recruited to spy for Washington. They are credited with many of the things we associate with the art of spying today: secret cyphers, dead drops, aliases, etc.

The show also follows the British Agent, Major John Andre, who was in charge of their spy activities in NYC and is credited with "turning" Benedict Arnold.

The characters are for the most part real but they do play a bit loosely with the facts. One character, Captain John Simcoe, is portrayed as a sadistic, blood thirsty creep, where in fact he is considered a hero in Canada where he went on to be the Governor of Ontario and has many public buildings, streets, etc. named after him.

DO catch the repeats of Season 1 before the new season starts April 13th.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

For those who missed it On-Demand, TURN has just been added to Netflix so you can catch the first season before the second one premiers April 13th. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}