Valued Contributor

Re: TV Shows: What's Been Renewed or Canceled

I think the networks would renew The Conners and Empire even if there were only three viewers left just to be PC.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DearPrudence wrote:

I think the networks would renew The Conners and Empire even if there were only three viewers left just to be PC.

My thoughts exactly for quite a few of the new shows.....alot of PC going around.....practically every show, sitcom has gone PC these days even if it doesn't enhance/relate/improve  the show.

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

I was just getting into 'The Fix.'  Surprised to hear it's cancelled.

The Fix was only to air for 10 weeks, wrapping up the storyline in 2 more episodes. It was for a possible new case that it would be renewed for. 

@Shelbelle  True that it was brought on for a limited number of weeks, but they could have extended it.  I really enjoy it and I'm sorry to see that it's being cancelled.  I think it's better than many that are being renewed.

Super Contributor

3 shows I have loved this year are cancelled, yikes. I'm very SAD.

The Cool Kids, so much fun and just for laughs.

The Kids are Alright, entertaining and especially loved how it was set in the early 70's.

They did not give this show enough time to get a following.

Life in Pieces, loved that show too. This year CBS didn't even bring it back until April.

There are so many shot em up, murder style shows on that I refuse to watch. 

Honored Contributor

I think it has more to do with the amount of money the network can charge for advertising time.  If the show doesn't attract enough viewers in the desired demographic, the advertisers will spend their dollars elsewhere.  The networks are in business to generate profits

@DearPrudence wrote:

Esteemed Contributor

I just read that Goldbergs and Schooled were both renewed.

I also read that Constance Wu was a little...upset that Fresh Off The Boat was renewed. She came back later to explain her less than thrilled initial response. Sorry she has to miss out on a movie roll, but was still kind of a crummy reaction IMO.
Regular Contributor

@petepetey wrote:

3 shows I have loved this year are cancelled, yikes. I'm very SAD.

The Cool Kids, so much fun and just for laughs.

The Kids are Alright, entertaining and especially loved how it was set in the early 70's.

They did not give this show enough time to get a following.

Life in Pieces, loved that show too. This year CBS didn't even bring it back until April.

There are so many shot em up, murder style shows on that I refuse to watch. 

I totally agree, The Kids Are Alright was a good show, it was just getting it's footing, I will miss it. 

Esteemed Contributor

I read Proven Innocent was cancelled. I really liked this show. I will miss The Cool Kids. I thought it was funny. For The People started out good then went down from that point.

Trusted Contributor

@lmt , thanks for posting this information.  FYI, it is my understanding that Red Line is a limited miniseries.  I have Dish Network and my guide indicates that the finale will take place next Sunday 5/19.

I thought it had been advertised as an 8 part series, but if what I see is accurate it is an 8 hour series - 2 hours per Sunday.

I have not watched any of it yet.  Sometimes, in cases like this I just like to binge watch the entire series so the story is easy to follow.

Another poster here asked about Ransom being available in reruns of past episodes.  I do not use any streaming services, but I have always found it strange that CBS channel 2 here in Chicago is not available On Demand.  I was looking for season 2 earlier episodes on re-run but they are simply not there.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the list.  I didn't realize how few shows I watch until I saw this.   2, I watch 2 and one I don't like , I just want to see 'who did it'.   I like For the People , which was cancelled. Oh well.   

That puts me at zero shows on regular TV.  

I do watch:  Game of Thrones, Homeland, The Handmaid's Tale, Ozark and a few more on premium channels and streaming channels. 

And then there is a million sports things I watch.  

I'll survive.