Esteemed Contributor

Re: TV Shows: What's Been Renewed or Canceled

Most of the shows I watch were renewed, except Cool Kids.  Most of them are phoning it in the last few episodes.   Hawaii five -0 has gotten boring in the story lines.  Blue Bloods has been missing the mark and last night's wedding for such a big important family was lane.  

Man with a Plan is funny, and I like Last Man standing, but not as funny as last season.  Maybe it,s just me and getting bored with TV.

The Priest in Blue Bloods last night is the Father of Matt LeBlanc in Man with a PLAN.

Esteemed Contributor

I just looked at the whole list and realized I've never even heard of many of them, nor would I probably ever watch most of them. With all the choices now, there is really a lot of garbage out there. I still have yet to understand the attraction of The Bachelor or The Bachelorette.

Respected Contributor

I must have watched all of the L&O shows, plus reruns a zillion times, but this year's episodes of L&O SVU just isn't doing it for me.  I miss the Elliot character, but Carissi (SP?) has worked in nicely. IMO, it seems as though the writers have run out of new ideas for the show although there's plenty of stories in the news from which to choose.  I'll continue to watch, but I feel the time has come.   

Valued Contributor

YEAH  

BULL is renewed, best show on t.v

YOUNG SHELDON. best comedy on t.v.

how could they renew SEAL TEAM.its just plain awful..

Honored Contributor

Does anyone watch Ransom? I am glad to see that it got renewed. However, I feel the first season was the best. I have tried to find the first and second season with On Demand on Direct TV, but can't see anything but this current Season 3.

Has anyone seen the first two seasons somewhere else?

Valued Contributor

I stay away from watching them since eventually just when it gets interesting, they cancel those shows, like "The Gifted Man" which was my favorite. 

Also 666 Park Avenue another favorite that also got the axe.   

Respected Contributor

@heart of savino wrote:

YEAH  

BULL is renewed, best show on t.v

YOUNG SHELDON. best comedy on t.v.

how could they renew SEAL TEAM.its just plain awful..

I like Bull and Young Shelton and really enjoy Seal Team. I never miss an episode.   I love that it not only focuses on their missions but also on their family life.   It shows the difficulties and fears that their families face when they are deployed without knowing if and when they will return.  

I've listened to David Boreanaz talk about how they have retired Navy Seals working with the writers and actors on the show. These men help to keep the show factual and make it true to life regarding what the Seals really go through.

I think it's one of the more realistic shows on TV.   But I understand that it's not everyone's cup of tea.   We all have different likes and dislikes.  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Too bad The Passage is gone. I wanted to see what would become of the little girl, 'Amy'. 

@SilleeMeeThey really skimmed and jumped to the future in the final episode last season. 

This is a trilogy of novels so I, too, was hoping for at least another season to show Amy's journey to the future.

Now all we have is she ran from that cabin and showed up in the future.

It's too bad; I think they made a mess by showing that ending or maybe they were not sure if they wanted to continue the trilogy so at least gave some closure to where Amy ended up.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

Glad to hear about New Amsterdam but couldn't we give The Village another season for people to catch on.  Some shows need to warm up and it probably takes 1 or 2 seasons to do so.

Respected Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

Most of the shows I watch were renewed, except Cool Kids.  Most of them are phoning it in the last few episodes.   Hawaii five -0 has gotten boring in the story lines.  Blue Bloods has been missing the mark and last night's wedding for such a big important family was lane.  

Man with a Plan is funny, and I like Last Man standing, but not as funny as last season.  Maybe it,s just me and getting bored with TV.

The Priest in Blue Bloods last night is the Father of Matt LeBlanc in Man with a PLAN.

@qvcaddition  I'm surprised that Hawaii Five-O keeps getting renewed.

I watched the show up until Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park left. The show just wasn't the same without them.