Honored Contributor

TV Show "In An Instant" Reality Show

This was the first episode of this show. It was riveting! It is told in first person by the actual people who had these amazing things happen to them. In this episode (don't know about the one's to follow) you know immediately who survived (they begin by telling the story). There are actors doing the actual show.

It is wonderful because it makes you realize how amazing the human spirit and the will to survive is. The episode also shows the strength a parent can call upon to help their children and each other.

I thought this is without a doubt what (at least the first episode) is one of the best shows as a Spring replacement. A lot of it is due to the survivors and how wonderfully they tell this story. They are so well-spoken in their narrative.

I recommend all of you watch this show. It's a good feel good show that will leave you wanting to hug your family and leave you very emotional.

I DVR'd it as I do most new shows. I am really glad I did. There are various ways to be able to see it.

The episode is called "Flying Blind", S1/Sp01, (2015). Hope you guys or java or hooty can find it so you can see it.

I loved it. Hey! I don't just watch soaps or murder mysteries!

Valued Contributor

Re: TV Show ""In An Instant"" Reality Show

We watched it last night; be prepared to have a Kleenex box nearby.

IMO, it was very well done and the strength of the father, through all of his injuries, was beyond incredible.

I don't want to say much more and spoil it for anyone who hasn't watched yet. I agree, it is well worth watching.

Esteemed Contributor

Can't watch those type of shows. Those are the things that nightmares are made of!!

Honored Contributor

I didn't see that one but I watched the one that was on tonight about the bridge collapse in Minneapolis. I liked the premiss but it needed editing, too much puffery.

Honored Contributor

On 3/7/2015 colliegirls said:

Can't watch those type of shows. Those are the things that nightmares are made of!!

When I see those type of shows, it causes me to make a plan for what to do if I find myself in a similar situation. For example: in the bridge collapse my plan would be to move my seat back and open my windows so I could get out of the car if it went into the water. People survive when they have a plan that's why schools have fire drills.

Honored Contributor

I agree with you occasional rain. I think they're good because it makes people think about the best way to get out of situations and what to do if something happened.

When my daughters lived at home we'd have regular fire drills and where to meet in the yard, how to get out of the house, etc.

I believe in being prepared and not ignoring things. I had a very bad fire in my house when lightning hit it. We couldn't live in it for 5 full months. Things do happen to people.

Honored Contributor

I watched a new episode and found it riveting again. I like it a lot.

Honored Contributor

I watched the one last night, the bear encounter. Those two were so ill-prepared and made really bad decisions. The father confronted the bear rather than backing away and retreating down the trail. While the father was "fighting the bear" his dumb daughter hid under a bush rather than running down the trail for help. I couldn't believe it, they weren't novices, had been hiking trails for years and did all the wrong things.

Honored Contributor

The problem I have with that episode is that it was so long and drawn out! Good grief! It seemed like it took forever. I like the show a lot but they could make it shorter.

The first one was more interesting because it wasn't interviewed with just two people. It told about several people.

I hope the next ones are not as long about just one person's story.

Valued Contributor

On 3/16/2015 occasional rain said:

I watched the one last night, the bear encounter. Those two were so ill-prepared and made really bad decisions. The father confronted the bear rather than backing away and retreating down the trail. While the father was "fighting the bear" his dumb daughter hid under a bush rather than running down the trail for help. I couldn't believe it, they weren't novices, had been hiking trails for years and did all the wrong things.

I couldn't agree more; the dad should have tried to show the bear he wasn't a thread and laid down on the ground and pretend to be "dead". His daughter was out of sight of the bear and could have began running down the trail to get help.

This wasn't their first hiking experience and even the fact that the father wanted to begin as early as 5:30 am was against what the rules stated. The rules were there for a reason.

I felt for both of them, but think they could have gotten away with much less injuries if they would have done different.

Of course, who knows what one would do if one is in that situation; I just know I wouldn't be confronting a grizzly; I think that's where he made his mistake.