Honored Contributor

Re: TV Show Called Mysteries At the Museums!

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

That's exactly how my Bill normally is.  He finally just showed up!  He's in so much pain!  He sits on my chest right under my chin and loves and loves me!  I've never had such an affectionate cat!  That's how I knew something was wrong...he wouldn't come up on my lap.

@Annabellethecat66,Bill is SUCH a "snuggle baby"!!!  LOL!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

hope you find him. Use the can opener he/she will come running probably

Honored Contributor

@SharkE He didn't come running when I opened the tuna but I did eat a good tuna sandwich.  Ha!

He finally showed up when he got very hungry.  I have hijacked my own title post but here's an update on Bill the cat!

My friend took him with her last night so she could take him to work (she's the Vet's nurse).  They x-rayed him and decided he'd jumped up on something and had bruised very badly his hip and leg.  That's exactly what she suspected when she check him out on Saturday when she came running to me (she was at least 1 1/2 hours away at a fair) to find him!

She called me with this information very early this morning.  So I went back to bed and suddenly remembered one night late I'd fallen asleep watching TV.  I was awakened by the sound of crashing sounding like glass bottles hitting.  It was very loud and there was a loud thump!

I remember getting (well jumping up) and seeing him (and his sister) go running out of the bedroom!  I've been working on the toilet in the master bedroom so bottles and jars of makeup were all in the sink!  I think he tried to jump up there and lost his footing.  He came down and hit the porcelain toilet tank lid which was laying on the floor!  It must have hurt really bad!  I didn't think about it until this morning.  But that's what happened!

He's so busy but since the thyroid adjustment he's calmed down.  I guess curiosity got the best of him  At least 2 other times I've heard the cabinets in there opening and closing.  He loves opening doors and cabinets....drives me crazy when I walk into one of them!

Honored Contributor

No pets for us. To dangerous to have around as you age. We had a cat once when we were young. Hubbo gave it away after one day. Life is hard enough without adding insult to injury.

Yeah, I bet that's what happened. He'll be ok just have to heal up. If he was a person I'd say hit the jacuzzi. LOL

Honored Contributor

I guess I'm a History buff because I sat in front of the TV this weekend (had some minor hip surgery) and watched so many of these shows.

It's amazing to see little pieces of this and that.  Things that are hidden away or just stuck up on a shelf in some small and some large museums all over the world.

Many times it's as simple as .....well...a rusted very, very old table lamp....(what a mess).  This lamp was used by the inventor of the Xerox machine!  Yepper, he was writing the same thing over and over.  His arm started hurting and he found out he had an agressive form of arthritis and soon would no longer be able to use his arm like he had been.

He got busy and (while using this small cheap little lamp) discovered what we now know as the xerox machine!  

If you enjoy sitting for about a 1/2 hour (maybe while eating lunch or a cup of tea) watching something that will leave you a little smarter....look up these shows....

With the weather turning colder in much of the US, it's a good way to spend a little down time.

http://www.tv.com/shows/mysteries-at-the-museum/episodes/

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@IlliniGirl88 I should have mentioned that I have a girl cat who is afraid of everyone and everything.  I have never in maybe 5 years been able to come near her!  Only one other person has ever even seen her!  So, I have one that loves me so much it's unbelievable and one that ....well...like I just said.  

I've always heard that boy cats are usually more lovable and I've always found that to be true and I've had lots of cats.

This is turning into the cat post.  I apologize....but sharke started it....heh!  heh!....

That has been my experience, @Annabellethecat66. I’ve had two male kitties and one female, and am now auntie to another female. My mother always told me that boy kitties were more affectionate than girl kitties. My two boys, one in particular, were lovey cuddlebugs compared to the way more independent girls.

I thinkI’ve probably seen every Mysteries at the Museum show 2-3 times. I love the show, but I wonder if there are any new episodes being made, as whenever I turn it on I’ve seen it before.

There’s a new show, Mysteries of the Missing, that I’m having more trouble setting into, but will keep trying.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all