Honored Contributor

Anybody watch 911?  I did not see last season, but thought some of the commercials looked good, and many of my friends said it was a really good show.  I watched last night's season opener and just wasn't impressed.  So, my question is, was that episode indicative of the previous season?  I felt like there was too much emphasis on the relationships for my liking. 

Honored Contributor

I watched the entire first season and the premier of S2 last night. I like the show and last night's episode was typical of the ones from last season. There is a lot of relationship stuff on it. 

Respected Contributor

I watched last season and really liked it...there are some interesting story lines and some of the stories are real world...I taped the first season so I will catch up this weekend!

Trusted Contributor

These are trained professional first responders who are all reacting to their relationships like they’re in junior high.  Name a social issue currently in the public consciousness and someone in the small group of cops and firefighters represented by the cast is suffering from it or kvetching about it. 

The emergency response scenes are the only authentic and interesting elements of the weekly episodes, imo. I watched it last night to see if season 2 had improved it and now I’ve erased it from my DVR’s lineup for the coming TV season. I find it silly and the characters are overly dramatic, in constant secrecy and crisis in their lives. Last year was enough for me. 

I’m no TV snob; my minimal standard is just entertain me with a good storyline and plausible characters. But if this is compared to Chicago Fire or Chicago PD, same premise of dedicated emergency workers, 9-1-1 is woefully full of pouting, puerile, petulant people with very complicated and unflattering back stories of failure, trauma, or sexual confusion supposedly explaining the adults they portray.  Should be a soap opera, not a Prime Time “drama”.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched it for about 15 minutes.  Won’t be watching again. LM

Honored Contributor

I watched the first 2 episodes last year and couldn't stand the show.  I honestly couldn't tell if it was supposed to be a comedy or if it was just bad.  I thought the acting was horrible and the situations ridiculous.    

Trusted Contributor

I watched the first season and kind of enjoyed it.  I like Connie Britton.

Found out yesterday that she is out of the country for an extended period of time.  Had heard that she was being replaced by Jennifer Love Hewitt.  Now I am hanging.  Wondering if somehow Connie is being disctoninued in future shows as part of the story line.

By the way, I thought Jennifer Love Hewitt looked so different.  Not sure if she has put on weight or if something else happened.  Just curious.

Honored Contributor

@LogoFan, Connie is going to be on another series. 

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@LogoFan, Connie is going to be on another series. 

Lipstick Diva.  Thanks for the information.  Assuming they will phase her out of the show without an appearance this season.

Esteemed Contributor

Struggled to get through this last night - won't be watching again.