Honored Contributor

TV SHOWS FACING CANCELLATION

I happened to see an article on tv guide dot com on the status of new shows which debuted a couple months ago. 

Personally, I didn't think this was a particularly good season .... at this point, I'm still watching  only one show ... Will and Grace.   

What about you?

What are your thoughts on the new shows?

http://www.tvguide.com/news/tv-ratings-new-fall-shows-2017/

Honored Contributor

Re: TV SHOWS FACING CANCELLATION

I'm a news and fact junkie and when it becomes too much (and it sure does!) I want a funny sit com with clever writing that really makes me laugh.   There isn't much being presented that does this (there are some).  I own quite a few seasons of older comedies..... like Friends, Becker, Two and a Half Men, etc.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Television, overall, blows chunks... Cancellations should come as no surprise, given marginal concepts, lame writing, and the networks tendency not to stray too far afield from each other, which means a glut of what is essentially the same show with slightly different premises and casts that, while different, all resemble each other... This article says it for new shows, but there are quite a few not new shows that don't deserve to be broadcast... Until one realizes that most TV is simply a wasteland, one wonders how some of them stay on...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not watching anything new.  Just Lucifer, Designated Survivor and Poldark.

If/when they end, I'll have more free time, I guess.

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

I think this season hasn't had many great offerings.....just deleted 9JKL from my DVR.....too slapstick one liners...not a real story feeling there.....could do without that....love watching Kyra S. on Ten Days in the Valley  but she plays such a unsympathic all over the place character....hope she comes back with something better.....getting used to Kevin

Saves the World....not sure i would miss it if it was canceled though....

Will and Grace i couldn't stand the first time around...so not watching that..........Young Sheldon i thought i wouldn't like but that kid is TERRIFIC in the role so i started getting hooked....and the mom looks so much like

Laurie Metcaff it is amazing...Just can't support the Mendez murders show and sensationalizing that and bringing it to the forefront again............don't watch any of the special effects/ghost type shows so can't comment on

them...............thought Bull might be canceled this past year...but didn't ...not a fan..............and one show i didn't watch until Leah Remini came back was Kevin Can Wait(i happened to be surfing through the channels).....and i found myself laughing at her and Kevin James...such a good comedic team.....so starting to get into that these days.......Overall very few shows i am DVR'ing these days....very disappointing season....

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC off topic, political references

Honored Contributor

I haven't gotten started with any of the new shows this season.  Nothing appealed to me.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

I haven't gotten started with any of the new shows this season.  Nothing appealed to me.  

Same for me.  Guess I will not notice when they are cancelled.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

While channel surfing I stumbled on "The Brave" (not normally my kind of tv) and really enjoyed it so I added it to my DVR lineup.  The only new series I am currently watching.

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Respected Contributor

I like The Good Doctor. I don't know if I would search it out, but when it comes on after DWTS I watch it & enjoy it.

I like The Mayor. It's not hilarious, but it's pleasant & I like the characters.