Re: TV SHOWS FACING CANCELLATION

[ Edited ]

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Laura14

Agenda???

@Tinkrbl44  Watch the first two episodes.  You'll see what I'm referring too. 

I said this in a previous thread about the show back when it premiered, I don't care what your agenda is but leave it to a more appropriate venue and just entertain me.  Lately they have.  Except the last episode. That was really sad.  Smiley Sad

@Laura14

Sorry, but that's just too vague to make sense.  Who has an agenda?

Oh come on, we all know why people use this term. It's basically code for anything other than one man and one woman who are cisgender. 

@jaxs mom

Well, thanks for the elaboration, but it was a fair question, and I thought maybe she was referring to politics ....  or whatever.    I think I've seen maybe 2 of the old Will & Grace shows and the two current ones I've seen really were just a sitcom.   I didn't see any agenda anywhere.   Anyone who watches the show already knows the star characters are gay ... no agenda necessary.

Trusted Contributor

There was only three new shows I started but gave up on The Gifted. Every episode was alike, at least the beginning. If it got more interesting, I missed out. 

I love the Orville & hope Fox doesn't cancel it like most shows too expensive for them to continue, or just cancel to start another show. They've cancelled in the past: Almost Human & Firefly, Making History to name a few. Forever was another they cancelled too I think, it was on Fox.

I like Syfy's Ghost Wars, too. They usually only keep their average rated shows three seasons, it seems.

Contributor

The reason the mom (Zoe Perry) looks like Laurie Metcalf is because Laurie Metcalf is  her mother.  (Cyrus from Scandal is her father)

Respected Contributor

I really like the good doctor.  It is hard to make a doctor show that has not been done to death.  I love comedies.  With all the horrible things going on in the world I like to be taken away for 30 minutes.  I like young sheldon and will and grace.

Regular Contributor

I really like Me, Myself & I so I hope it's not cancelled.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

The only show out of any of those I watch is SEAL Team.

I  also enjoy Seal Team.    

Respected Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

I am a rerun kind of gal.  I do like the Good Doctor.  But mostly I watch the old programs such as Monk. And love Bull.

Another fan of Bull here.     I never miss an episode.   

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44@J Town Girl@JB116@chiclet@lyoness

Love Bull.

Have not watched “The Good Doctor” and thought we were going to watch it.

We scratched “9JKL” and “The Gifted.”

O/T (?) Watching 60 Minutes, the segment about the forger who saved thousands of lives during WWII, DH noted how GOOD all of the people interviewed looked!

Their skin is smooth and clear and those shown and interviewed even moved without limping or pain.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Laura14

Agenda???

@Tinkrbl44  Watch the first two episodes.  You'll see what I'm referring too. 

I said this in a previous thread about the show back when it premiered, I don't care what your agenda is but leave it to a more appropriate venue and just entertain me.  Lately they have.  Except the last episode. That was really sad.  Smiley Sad

@Laura14

Sorry, but that's just too vague to make sense.  Who has an agenda?

Oh come on, we all know why people use this term. It's basically code for anything other than one man and one woman who are cisgender. 

In this instance, I think she was referring to the endless political references of the premier episode... Yes, it's pretty much a given that the focus of the show and much of the humor is derived from the fact that two main characters are gay... There have been a few political zingers in most episodes, just as there were in the original and as are featured on many sitcoms... To me, regardless of one's personal views, they aren't off-putting unless they become too much the focus, as they were on the first episode.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I've never seen any of them. I like news, history, documentaries, etc. Fiction doesn't appeal much to me.