Honored Contributor

Re: TV One Broadcast Network

@Reever it's spring time, go outside and enjoy the sunshine. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

I never cared for him nor found his humor amusing. I also don't believe his accusers. What I believe is that they were willing participants and now see an opportunity for publicity and financial gain. They're all a smarmy lot.

Esteemed Contributor

I think he is definitely guilty of what he has now been convicted of and I do not want to watch this show not because he is a rapist but because I just don't want to. However I know many people like to watch this show and I would never try to get something banned that others have an interest to watch. 

If I choose not to watch on the basis that he is a rapist I certainly wouldn't need to have the channel blocked that is airing old episodes of The Cosby Show. I would just not watch the channel. 

I am sure there are a lot of people who think he is guilty and find his behavior over the years abhorrent but still like to watch his show because it was a good show. Just like I know there are a lot of people who think Harvey Weinstein is guilty of what he is accused of.  There will be people who still watch movies in the theatre and/or when they come on tv by Miramax or The Weinstein Company because they think they are good also. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

As someone who watched The Cosby Show for many years, I feel as though we were supporting a criminal. I cannot believe the gaul of this network to keep shoving this mans face onto our TVs.  I feel some in his community are choosing to ignore the facts because he was one of the first successful African Americans on television. It's such a shame. I used to like this man ! I feel like he pulled the wool over my eyes.

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

As someone who watched The Cosby Show for many years, I feel as though we were supporting a criminal. I cannot believe the gaul of this network to keep shoving this mans face onto our TVs.  I feel some in his community are choosing to ignore the facts because he was one of the first successful African Americans on television. It's such a shame. I used to like this man ! I feel like he pulled the wool over my eyes.

You have the power to watch this show or not. Clearly there are people watching or it wouldnot be on. Why should they not see the show because you feel like you were bamboozled? Next time you are channel surfing just skip over TV One. That should solve your problem.