Respected Contributor

I was flipping through channels and was disgusted seeing "The Cosby Show" still running despite the conviction of Bill Cosby. I find it abhorrent that this network continues to shove this show in our faces. I did call my cable company to complain but the woman said they have no choice but to air the programming. As a tip she let me know how to block a channel. I will list here for people who may not be tech savvy:

using remote, hit "settings"

scrollow down to "channel settings"

hit enter

you will see on the screen a bunch of options. Scroll to "Add/Block channel"

select block channel

atbthe very least this will block this mans face from appearing on our TVs. In the meantime, try to bankrupt this man by not buying any of his books or endorsed products.

Respected Contributor

Re: TV One Broadcast Network

TV One has been showing the Cosby show for months. Should all the other actors lose residuals for his perverted behavior? 

Respected Contributor

I understand your concern about the Cosby show given the outcome of the trial but I would just not watch the show rather than go through trying to block it unless you have children who watch regularly and you would rather they not. I watched it regularly back when they were all new shows but after it went off the air, I stopped watching and have never watched the reruns. To each his/her own, but I just would not  watch it, no stress. Have a good day.

Honored Contributor

Much ado about nothing. 

I can't care to look into every actor's personal life. He's playing a role, you either like the charactor or not. The show is not about him.

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Much ado about nothing. 

I can't care to look into every actor's personal life. He's playing a role, you either like the charactor or not. The show is not about him.

Dont you think he perpetrated a fraud ? He was masquerading as a doctor and family man. I think the FCC should remove the show or fine the network. Surely no one in America supports this man.

Honored Contributor

When it first came to light, everyone pulled Cosby AND I Spy.

Then everyone forgets about it and they put it back on.

Same thing with 7th Heaven.  It was pulled due to Stephen Collins' situation.  And now it's back on.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Still waiting for Food Network to get over Paul Deen and re-run her shows.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

I was flipping through channels and was disgusted seeing "The Cosby Show" still running despite the conviction of Bill Cosby. I find it abhorrent that this network continues to shove this show in our faces. I did call my cable company to complain but the woman said they have no choice but to air the programming. As a tip she let me know how to block a channel. I will list here for people who may not be tech savvy:

using remote, hit "settings"

scrollow down to "channel settings"

hit enter

you will see on the screen a bunch of options. Scroll to "Add/Block channel"

select block channel

atbthe very least this will block this mans face from appearing on our TVs. In the meantime, try to bankrupt this man by not buying any of his books or endorsed products.

How is TVOne shoving this show in your face?  You have a choice not to watch any broadcast/cable channel. @Reever

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

When it first came to light, everyone pulled Cosby AND I Spy.

Then everyone forgets about it and they put it back on.

Same thing with 7th Heaven.  It was pulled due to Stephen Collins' situation.  And now it's back on.

I was just about to post the same thing.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Much ado about nothing. 

Dont you think he perpetrated a fraud ? He was masquerading as a doctor and family man. I think the FCC should remove the show or fine the network. Surely no one in America supports this man.

@Reever.  "Perpetrated a fraud"? He was acting. His job. And I am not sticking up for him.