Honored Contributor

Re: 👀 TV Court Shows 👀

@Scooby Doo wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

I miss actual Court TV. I got really into this one murder trial. Can't remember the name of the murderess but the whole thing was really scandalous. It was all in Utah and the killer was an obsessed scorned ex girlfriend. My husband hated hearing about it and said he was glad when I couldn't watch that stuff anymore. lol

You sure that wasn't Jodi Arias in Arizona.  The guy was from Utah and moved to AZ.

@Scooby Doo Yes! It was Jodi Arias. That lady scared me. I felt so bad for everyone involved except for her. And you are right, it was AZ.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Havarti wrote:

@Porcelain 

Surprise!  Court TV is baaaaaack...look for it - it has been back on-air for a couple of months.  A few of the same people on still there. 

This week they are covering the case in FL where a cheerleader (Brooke Skylar Richardson) buried her baby (Annabelle) in the backyard.  She says it was still born, some say it was alive.  It was found in an advanced stage of decay making it difficult to tell.  Jury has been selected, trial starts Tuesday.  

OMGosh! THANK YOU!!

So glad to have it back as an option! I am a cord cutter but we have a Roku and lo and behold I put it right in the channel lineup. Just for fun I am going to see how long I can keep this as a guilty secret from DH. I like the idea of him wondering why I keep swtiching channels or pausing when he comes in the room.

Not sure I will get into the current case. Hearing about harm to little ones can be a bit much for me. I could only follow a bit about the Casey Anthony case because of that. May look at some other recorded trials. Maybe the Essa one. It's a poisoning! 

But anyway, thank you! It's just so fascinating to watch the justice system work.

"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@coffee drinker wrote:

@Porcelain  Think you're talking about Jodi Arias who killed ex boyfriend Travis Alexander in Arizona.  Found guilty and was sentenced to life.  Very gruesome story.  I also miss Court TV and their gavel to gavel coverage of trials.

ETA sorry didn't see post above.

@coffee drinker Yep. And I'm watching Court TV right now. They even have the Arias case you can watch in the archive. I won't be doing that. Once was enough, lol.

With the current live case they do have that same live gavel to gavel coverage. So cool!

If you have a Roku or Amazon Fire TV or Apple TV you can put the channel on there. And then there's cable, or watching online of course.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Havarti 

I watched all the Jodi Arias trial via DVR. It was televised on HLN and titled "In Session".  You say Court TV is back, is it real trials live as was the Arias trial, and if so what network is televising it? For me live trials are very interesting. Thank you for your post and hopefully we are talking the same types of trials.

hckynut

@hckynut It's for real! It looks like some of the HLN people may be involved. Good ol Vinnie Politan. You can look up whether or not it's available on your cable or satellite or over the air at their website. The site to look it up is courttv dot com.

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain 

Thank you. I checked my channels via "search" and it said "no episodes available". Have Dish Network, but I will check the dot com you left for me.

Thanks again,

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I watch it on Roku and on their website on my laptop.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@hckynut 

On the Justice Central channel (24 hrs of civil trials), one of the judges is Gloria Allred. Smiley Very Happy

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif