Honored Contributor

Re: TV Commercials I need to mute or change thread

@agb80  Joe Namath certainly hasn't aged well.

Trusted Contributor

Lubiderm! ugh

Contributor

Phoney, plastic and I think she lost all that weight with surgical help. A family member had gastric sleeve surgery and she went from a size 18 to a 2-4 in a few months. I doubt it was the NS. The women on the Talk couldn't stand her either. 

Trusted Contributor

I think her and Donny have big egos....his facebook pics with one of his kids wedding....was a big blowout and NO NOT ONE person was masked....he still thinks he a teen throb Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

I have to change the ASPCA commercials because I will start to cry.  And they seem to go on forever.  I just cannot watch or hear that stuff.  

I truly detest the Poise commercials.  "She's got poise under pressure and poise in her pants."  Ugh.  

There are some local ones I cannot stand either.

Honored Contributor

As much as I miss most commercials I have to add another one - These damnable Discovery+ ads.   It's like no matter what channel you're watching, no matter what time of day, there will be ads for this over and over and over, even on some with the 'bottom of the screen' thing DURING a show.

Talk about over-saturation.  I'm probably different from many but if you're shoving it down my throat I lose interest VERY quickly.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I have to change the ASPCA commercials because I will start to cry.  And they seem to go on forever.  I just cannot watch or hear that stuff.  

I truly detest the Poise commercials.  "She's got poise under pressure and poise in her pants."  Ugh.  

There are some local ones I cannot stand either.

OMG I have not seen that one LOL that's awful!

Esteemed Contributor

Oh! Oh! Oh!  Let's not forget the shingles commercials..."shingles can be WHAAAAAT?"

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@corita 

I've always thought ad work would be fascinating, but I was never able to land a job in any agencies (this was back in the Dark Ages and I was working as an executive secretary).

However, a guy I dated worked in the ad agency in St. Louis that did the Budweiser Clydesdale commercials and he was involved in working on some of the early ads using the horse teams.  

Now, THOSE were great ads! 

------------   

Agree!!  It was interesting to hear him talk about the strategy of commercials. 

But two things he said, I will never forget...if the viewer can't remember the name of the product, the commercial was a fail!! And if the commercial makes the viewer change the channel, the commercial was a fail!!

Seems like so many these days fall into both catergories....

Respected Contributor

Popeye commercials- obnoxious

Someone mentioned the Grubhub commercial with the odd cartoon characters and music- I must agree wholeheartedly

The cars driving with things on the roofs while the annoying opera music plays loudly-  I never liked that one and the music reminds me of perfume commercials

Which reminds me, I don't like perfume or cologne commercials ESPECIALLY when the name of the product is spoken in a whisper

why would you put perfume or cologne on and then splash around in the ocean