Trusted Contributor

Re: TV Commercials I need to mute or change thread

[ Edited ]

@shaggygirl wrote:

All the lawyer ads for anything and everything that has ever befallen you. Sickness, disease, car accident, motorcycle accident, tripping on someone's sidewalk.....you name it there's a lawyer who specializes in it. 

Any and all Liberty Mutual ads with Dough and the ostrich......or whatever that bird is.

@shaggygir   that ostrich commercial is very annoying.  Would never get that insurance because of that. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, last year they used Trucks in the commercial @agb80 

Esteemed Contributor

That annoying commercial for the living room sofa furniture set that can be put together in all sorts of ways. The theme song that goes with it just annoys the heck out of me. I don't even know what the product is - can't stand to listen to that stupid music and all of those people changing the sofa furniture around.

Also the ASPCA ads are unwatchable....even DH turns the channel when they're on.

I sort of like the Edith Pilaf music with the fish bowl/fuzzy slippers, etc on the top of the car! LOL!

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hate the Kim Crawford wine commercials where the woman struts through the grocery store in slow motion while than obnoxious "it's liquid gold" song plays.  They switched it up so it's now a woman slow motion strutting through a restaurant with 2 friends behind her - like they're some kind of female wine gang.  Both send me scrambling for the mute.

@jannabelle1  I agree with you about that dang Love Sac sectional furniture commercial.  So annoying.  That song!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@agb80 wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

All the lawyer ads for anything and everything that has ever befallen you. Sickness, disease, car accident, motorcycle accident, tripping on someone's sidewalk.....you name it there's a lawyer who specializes in it. 

Any and all Liberty Mutual ads with Dough and the ostrich......or whatever that bird is.

@shaggygir   that ostrich commercial is very annoying.  Would never get that insurance because of that. 

@agb80 

It is not an ostrich.

It is an emu, as in Limu the emu.

Ostrich

1200px-Avestruz_de_cuello_azul_(Struthio_camelus_australis),_cabo_de_Buena_Esparanza,_Sudáfrica,_2018-07-23,_DD_87.jpg

Emu

Emu.jpg

See the difference?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

The irritating woman singing French through her nose with the jello mold ring on top of the car......and it is on over and over and over.....

@lovesrecess   I love Edith Piaf.   She may not be to your liking but she was extremely famous (now deceased).

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Jaspersmom wrote:

@2Kittys wrote:

OMG... I love the GMC one! I think that girl is so cute!

I was horrified when they brought it back this year.  The guy sounds like he's bringing up mucus and the girl is nothing but a spoiled prima donna. LOL.  I love all the different reactions people have to the same thing.  

Years ago, I was invited to a focus group to rate new commercial ads and wow, what a variety of responses from the crowd.  

@Jaspersmom   I agree.  I couldn't stand her last year and to see it again this year was awful.

I really never saw anything funny about it.

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

Yes, last year they used Trucks in the commercial @agb80 

@qvcfreak   They still use the trucks with Little Miss Snotty Brat but the ending shows the SUV's without her and her wimpy husband.

Honored Contributor

The first time we saw Balance of Nature it featured the chiropractor.

He was so droll and boring; no energy and monotone voice.  Seems they would have used somebody with more pep to promote the product.

DH and I laughed the first time we saw him.  Certainly not a great example of what the product proposes to do for you.

Respected Contributor

The Edith Piaf song was used in a candy commercial last year.

Anybody see the one for the Cool Turtle?  The lady makes such a funny face when sniffing the inside of her mask.   Yukky !!!!