Honored Contributor

Re: TUESDAY, CHRISTMAS EVE LINE-UP AT TCM

Oh, fantastic, @Kindaglitzy -- thank you so much for that info on "Christmas in Connecticut".   Recorder ready!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had saved "Christmas in Connecticut" the last time it was on, and watched it last night! Never get tired of watching it. Love the house in the country! At first glance, it almost looked like the set of "Holiday Inn" with Bing Crosby in the scene where they first pull up to the house. Anyone else notice that? Another wonderful actor was the fellow who played "Felix"! (S.Z. Sakall) 

Honored Contributor

You're right, @TexasMom1 -- it has very much the same feeling.  That is my dream house, right down to the gargantuan fireplace, the understated Forties' kitchen, and that "modern" jutting window where Babs and Dennis cluster around the piano...

You're probably already familiar with the "Hooked on Houses"  site, but they have a whole section on great film decor and sets, and they show a lot of the "C. in C." sets there.

Agreed,  S.Z. "Cuddles" Sakall is adorable!  (Oh, can't remember if his nickname was "Cuddles" or "Bubbles" -- either one fits!)

Honored Contributor

I love all the movies listed but also wonder where Christmas in Conn. is !!!!!  I do have the DVD so I will watch it but I am surprised TCM isn't featuring it so far.

I have watched all my Christmas Carol movies, my favorite of all time, the Alistair Sim version will be watched a few times. For me, it wouldn't be Christmas without Scrooge!!!!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a Happy Healthy New Year!!!

Honored Contributor

Thank you @spiderw, and Merry Christmas to you!

Respected Contributor

Thank you for posting. I'm such a TCM fan! Happy Holidays to you, @Oznell  !

Honored Contributor

And to you, kind @Desert Lily!

Respected Contributor

How old does a movie have to be to be considered TCM material?  Our family watches "A Christmas Story" about Ralphie and his family every Christmas.  It never gets old and we laugh throughout the film.  The Darren McGaven character is wonderful, especially when he receives his prize -- the leg lamp!  The time period is probably 1940's era; the family car keeps getting flat tires due to the fact that new tires weren't available during WW II.  Rubber was rationed. 

Honored Contributor

That's a very good question, @this is my nic..   They do sometimes show films from the Seventies onward, but much more sparingly, I'd say, than pre-1970 films.

Not sure if they've shown your fave "A Christmas Story", but they certainly could have.  If you're looking for an upcoming airing, have you checked @sunshine45's invaluable, comprehensive list of holiday programming?