Honored Contributor

Re: TUESDAY ALL-DAY ROBERT RYAN MOSTLY FILM NOIR TCM

Oh, OK, @Judaline ,  now he looks familiar!   I plead guilty to not having watched "Stalag 17" for absolute ages--  might be time to see again!

Honored Contributor

Born to be Bad-a fav of mine. I thought RR was a somewhat sympathic character,but as the times dictated he hid his feelings.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Judaline wrote:

@Oznell wrote:

Good question, @Judaline .  I can't remember who that actor is, but looked up "Don Taylor" in the cast list and couldn't find his name.  I'm not familiar with him-- pray tell, do brief us on him!

If you saw Stalag 17 (you better!) he was the flyer in the water tank, hahaha. Also in Father of the Bride.

Here's that flyer:

Watched him on Sunday in "Father's Little Dividend". Hadn't watched that movie in ages. I even had to look him up to see who he was.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell  Thanks for the heads up!  I love TCM and Robert Ryan.  I will have it on all day!

Respected Contributor

@Oznell thanks for sharing 

Ryan is sorely underrated. He is always excellent. My favorite 

movie of his is The Iceman Comeith by O'Neil. He was dying 

of cancer at the time. The part he plays is all about death.

He was married and faithful ( it is said) for 34 years until her

death. He also was a great supporter and activist for the civil

rights movement.

One of my favorites.

Respected Contributor

Ahhhh..."Born to be Bad" -- Joan Fontaine ("Cristabelle") at her baddest and bestest!  Ryan was such a great foil for her in that one.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Oh, OK, @Judaline ,  now he looks familiar!   I plead guilty to not having watched "Stalag 17" for absolute ages--  might be time to see again!

OK, just remember, I saw him first! (I'm sure you saw him as the groom in Father of the Bride-the Spencer Tracy one! ) I prefer him rough and tough-I think he was in Flying Leathernecks  the great Duke Wayne movie.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@Oznell wrote:

Good question, @Judaline .  I can't remember who that actor is, but looked up "Don Taylor" in the cast list and couldn't find his name.  I'm not familiar with him-- pray tell, do brief us on him!

If you saw Stalag 17 (you better!) he was the flyer in the water tank, hahaha. Also in Father of the Bride.

Here's that flyer:

Watched him on Sunday in "Father's Little Dividend". Hadn't watched that movie in ages. I even had to look him up to see who he was.

I can understand that, Woman Wink

Trusted Contributor

@Judaline 

Don Taylor also played the young detective, Halloran, in "The Naked City".

Honored Contributor

Just watched The Secret Fury with Colbert and Ryan. Very good. I really like Robert Ryan when he's nice. I knew whodunnit but couldn't come up with a motive. Good suspense.